Less than a year until my first cruise!

I know the feeling. My wife and I waited 24 years before we took our first cruise (a 4 day on the Majesty of the Seas). It took all of a week after we got back to book our 25th anniversary cruise on the Mariner and then we went and took our daughters on a 4 day cruise as a Christmas present on the Enchantment (We also renewed our vows on the Enchantment - see photos in the link below if you are interested!) -

Yo will have a fantastic time and I'll bet it you'll want to book another while onboard! :D

Jim

I've been on 3 and my fourth coming up in less than 9 months to far away. Had to take a break to have a couple of babies but back to it and can't wait. Love it so much that I'm leaving my husband and kids at home to cruise with a friend who has never been. We also booked one cruise as soon as we came home from the Voyager to go on the Navigator. The bug will get you too.

Thanks so much for all your responses! My husband has cruised before (years ago) and didn't love it but promised to take me on one for our 15 year anniversary. I'm hoping he'll decide it's not so bad. Otherwise, I'll have to arrange an all girls cruise! I haven't been yet and I know I'll love it!

Jim - It looks like you had a really great time on your cruise. I didn't even suggest renewing our vows to my husband. I'm just happy to get the cruise!

JerseyGirl - We're taking our sons along (one will be 14, the other 3) as I couldn't let our youngest be left by Mom and Dad for so long! After reading these boards for awhile I have seen some very strong opinions about cruising with children. My boys are so well behaved, I joke that they have to ask permission to breathe! My only concern is there might not be many other children on the cruise we booked.

If I don't take my daughters, they would never speak to me again. ;)

Seriously though, I enjoy family vacations and would feel really horrible if I didn't give them the opportunity to travel and visit exciting places. They'd be MISERABLE staying with the grandparents and I'd feel awful if I left them behind.

This is my first time posting on this site, though I have been addicted to reading all the postings since I found it. We have not booked our cruise yet but are probably going to go on the Mariner 8/21/05. I am traveling with my parents brother and children. All have been on cruises except for me (yes, even my kids!!, with thier grandparents.) I am going crazy with aticipaton over this trip! I'll never make to August.

To all who are embarking on their "first"...you'll have an amazing time!

You'll come home dazzled, sleep deprived (you want to pack it ALL in!) and a little dizzy..literally! There's nothing like the first cruise! Relax and enjoy..take time to really admire the ship's artwork...talk to the staff..lots of interesting stories to be heard about why they are cruise staff etc....The best part of cruising for me is learning about other cultures...

To those going on the Mariner..she is an incredible ship..something for everyone! Can't wait to sail her again!

I was in the same 'boat' as you before our first cruise. It's exciting because even though you read tons of information about the ship/ports/activities it's not the same until you see the size of the ship for yourself and actually set sail.

Good luck and hang tight.

Bud

Archived