C.C. Price Offers

Cate M.

Back in January this year I booked a cruise for January 2012 through my local T.A. I was thrilled with the price as I kept checking on line only to see the fare always higher. Now I get an offer from C.C. and the price is exactly what I paid right down to the cent. How can the new prices now being offered be exactly the same not even two cents out? I am guessing the cruise line must know a year ahead of time what they are going to reduce the prices to. At least I am happy to have received the lower price. I could have easily waited to this weekend to book but then would not have been able to get stateroom I wanted. So much for getting a great deal months ago. The thrill went away when I saw this weekend's prices.:confused:

Cate M.

If it will make you feel better, you should know that it is not uncommon for the price to go up. In recent years, a number of cruises we have booked a year or so in advance actually went up in price. If a cruise is selling well, cruise lines will raise prices in order to generate as much revenue as they can. Same as they lower prices as cruise date comes closer if they have empty cabins they have to sell.

You are right you may not have gotten cabin category or location you like had you waited. If you need air, sometimes the prices are higher the later you book so that could also be a factor for some people.

Archived