St. Thomas When Its Raining

funat55

We leave this Saturday on the Oasis and I looked up the ten day weather forecast for all of our ports and it looks like rain every place we are going. The temperature will be a low of 80 degrees and a high of 87 so it will be warm enough to walk around with an umbrella but doesn't sound like good beach weather. Has anyone been to St. Thomas on a rainy day? If so what did you do and how did you handle the weather?

I have cruised so many times when "rain" is predicted for the port and it does not happen. However, there are many covered areas to visit. I know it would really screw up a beach day but there is alot of shopping and views that can be seen even with the rain that it can still be enjoyed. I know it's aq bummer but make the best with what you can. Enjoy. The views from this island are absolutely magnificent; even with rain.

I have cruised so many times when "rain" is predicted for the port and it does not happen. However, there are many covered areas to visit. I know it would really screw up a beach day but there is alot of shopping and views that can be seen even with the rain that it can still be enjoyed. I know it's aq bummer but make the best with what you can. Enjoy. The views from this island are absolutely magnificent; even with rain.

You are right and we will make the best of it and have fun no matter what. Also, this being hurricane season, we did not book any excursions because we knew the itinerary could change. Are there any tour operators at the pier that we can book at the last minute?

We'll also be on the Oasis this Sat., and I've been watching the hurricane sites. Looks like we'll be good (I hope). Between Katia and the new system Invest 95. We also have not booked any excursions, but there should be plenty to do.

Archived