VIP free laundry...Tipping or no?

idecor8

Interesting question.At the end of the day, on my good days, I have found that I have brightened someone else's day. Certainly, the reality of the dollar limits our capability. Seems that peoples position on these types of practices offers some small insight into their perspective. Personal tipping

habits don't make us good or bad people, perhaps simply generous or less generous as tips are tallied by the day and subsequently sharged to us.Go with what feels best for you:)

I never really considered tipping the room steward extra for this. But after it being brought up, I believe that an "extra" tip, if the service is used several times during the cruise, would be thoughtful.

As for "I don't tip my wife". Neither do I monetarily, but I do buy her gifts, bring her flowers, and thank her in other ways I would prefer not to bestow on the room steward (and I'm sure he would pass on them as well) :) LOL

As for it being VIP, it's for Platinum level or greater, not suite relevant. Of all the perks of being Platinum, my wife likes this one the best. I enjoy it because I can pack less "wash and wear" items.

Archived