Atlantis Waterpark Tickets

angelalhs

I'm going on NCL. My travel agent said that the price may be cheaper on-board than pre-booking beforehand. NCL is charging $124. Anyone know or ever heard of this?

Prices could be less but personally,I think that it depends on when you are going. If it is a school break holiday, there may be more families heading to Atlantis. In that case, you may be taking a chance waiting to book on board if they get sold out.

If there is not a surge of kids expected on your date then I would not only wait until on board but I would would just cab it to Atlantis and buy the tickets there. We've done that before and it was less expensive and quicker than the excursion.

Also keep in mind your port time! (We are Atlantis nuts so we always look for the itineraries that give the most time in $$ Atlantis.) More time for your money.

The excursion...gathers everyone outside the ship to wait, then loads you onto minivans; at Atlantis the group is toured around the hotel ending up at the water park. Honestly, that alone can take 45 mins to an hour with your excursion group and by the time you get to the chairs, they are mostly taken! We got wise to that and on the second visit we told the tour guide that we had to get straight to the pool because of someone in our group's foot problem. We cut straight to the pools and got our towels. Visits after that, we just took a cab, got the tickets at Atlantis, and headed to the Waterpark.

Atlantis has towel shacks all over where you get your towels(included) and return them. We always set up near a snack bar to help the kids find their way to our seats. Or...right by an exit/entrance from the "crazy" River, again to help the kids find the chairs.

You Really Need To know the Layout of Atlantis to cut straight to the Waterpark AND find your way back in time! It is a massive resort!

We bring our wetsuits and pool shoes at different times of the year to guarantee that neither rain nor temperature will keep us from having a blast at Atlantis.

I hope you have a great time!

Thanks for the great info. Do you remember how much a taxi cost you? We will be there Wed Sep 10, after all the kids go back to school. So I'm assuming that there won't be a lot of kids. What do you think?

We will be docked there from 8am-6pm ( I know the rides don't open until 10am).

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, Atlantis imo is not worth the $$$$. We did it and it turned into a complete gong show. Far too many people in the lazy river, so many that there were literally no tubes available and there were many many log jams at choke points.

Also, lunch was a mess. Line ups out the wazoo and waiting was horrible. Now likely there were other large cruise ships there as well, so take that into consideration, but if it were me I would not do that excursion again.

Personally, I have never known Nassau not to have many large ships in port.

• 2 weeks later...

My son and his gf want to do the Atlantis waterpark when we are in Nassau in January on the Disney Dream...do you think it will be too cold in January for a waterpark? Are the pools/slides heated (lol) sorry but had to ask. Its very expensive for them both to go, but it is something she would like to do. How cold do you think it may be and how crowded do you think it could be. Thanks.