Portcompass Travel coy. anyone know them?

qldtraveller

Based on advice provided I am trying to locate any person or persons who have reserved shore excursions with the USA based company.

They are based in Atlanta and act as a broker for shore excursions within designated ports with many different countries and in quite a reasonable manner.

It seems they even have each cruise vessels itinerary and know the hours of stay in port so they arrange everything for your arrival.

However, all the testimonials are American travellers with no details provided as to how to confirm them.

Any information would be gratefully appreciated as we in process of organising non cruise company shore excursions.

I know nothing about this company and cannot help in that regard but do not be overly impressed they know each cruise line's schedules, when and which ships will be in port...... anyone doing anything related to cruise ship services has this information.

Even the jewelry shops in St. Thomas, St. Maarten etc :) all keep lists.

That is NOT to say they aren't the best excursion company ever......... I have no idea.

I hope someone is able to help you.

I booked a tour/transfer with Port Compass in Valparaiso Chile in 2006. Supposed to pick us up at the ship, take us on a LOOOONG tour to Santiago (our plane didn't leave until 1AM) and drop us off at the airport between 7-8PM. Price was set for 2 people (almost $300). They emailed and asked if we would "mind" another couple on our tour. I said OK-it cut the price by about 25%. The next thing I knew we had 10 people going (their "grow a group" thing) and we were getting the STANDARD tour and airport drop off at 5PM. I emailed and they informed me that I had consented to a "small group". NO, I consented to one other couple.

If I wanted the later tour, it was going to cost almost double what the original price was because they had no other drivers and would have to hire a "private" driver for us. This was the day before the ship docked. They essentially left us standing at the pier.

Since I have been to Chile many, many times for business, we just rented a car and drove ourselves to Santiago. But I had really wanted to do the tour so DH didn't have to drive. When he gets in a car, it is from point A to point B and nothing in between. He had only been to Chile one time before and I wanted to show him a little of the beauty of the country. Not that trip!!! It is a good thing I have an American Airlines Admiral's Club membership because that is where we spent almost 10 hours in the Santiago airport.

NO WAY would I use Port Compass.

Archived