refit?

WoolyBully

Just spoke to a Thomson TA, who said that the escape has gone in for total refurb this winter, starting now! Is she telling me porky pies?

The good ship IE is currently in Liverno. and still showing dates up to 25th October.

PS did you stutter when you started this thread :)

Just spoke to a Thomson TA, who said that the escape has gone in for total refurb this winter, starting now! Is she telling me porky pies?

I hope she hasn't! I'm due to board on Tuesday. That said it wouldn't be the first time Thomsons has cancelled a cruise with less than 24hrs notice to pax!

ET

EEK... Hope I'm not cancelled two years running.:eek:

Though like RR says, they still have my 8 day cruise from the 25th October for sale. (Although the price seems to drop every other day from what I paid....Must stop looking.)

By the way, when the IE went away last year & few saw any difference when she got back, I found a reference to a company called Trimline who seem to have rebuilt 74 crew cabins last winter. http://www.cruisecommunity.com/Refurb-Interiors/Trimline-rebuilds-crew-cabins-on-Island-Escape.html?print=1&tmpl=component

This seems to bode well for the future of the ship.

As a fellow ex Ocean Villager I hope the good Captain Edward Teach can inform me of her seaworthiness when he returns, (& what the lager's like).

Steve.

EEK...As a fellow ex Ocean Villager I hope the good Captain Edward Teach can inform me of her seaworthiness when he returns, (& what the lager's like).

Steve.

Of course I will Stevio although I'm not really a lager drinker.

Apparently this ship creaks & groans like the Black Pearl and you can't swing a cat o' nine tails in the cabins so I can't wait to board her!:D

ET

Hi Stevio,

I had some lager, usually Stella. All I can say is that it tasted like Lager!

Prices are,

Draught Stella - £1.95 - 1/2 pint, £3.65 - pint

Fosters/Stella 330ml - £3.05

Heineken, San Miguel, Corona 330ml - £2.95

The ship is still seaworthy compared to my trip in Jan on the Dream!

Have a great cruise!

ET

Hi Stevio,

I had some lager, usually Stella. All I can say is that it tasted like Lager!

ET

Thank ee cap’n for the ship & grog report. I am thinking that I have done the right thing signing up for her final voyage of the year. Here’s hoping they don’t scrape too many barnacles off during her winter refit… If she looks too posh someone will install “formal nights”. :eek:

Archived