What is the best month to go to Bermuda

wendymac

We are planning on taking a bermuda cruise next year - preferably in the fall can I get input as to which month is the best time to go. I feel kind of nervous now hearing all the hurricane talk...any input will be appreciated. Thank you :)

well we were suppose to go 8/25 but Irene took us south instead of to bermuda. i would say the best time to go is before July or after Oct. but many cruise lines only go to Bermuda between April and Oct. because of the weather. it can be cool in the winter just like SC is cool in the winter. definitely no water excursions.

If you are nervous about cruising in hurricane season and since the Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to Nov 30, your cruise to Bermuda is limited to April or May. I would select late May.

When I select a month to cruise to Bermuda, I do not even consider if it is hurricane season or not. What happens this year, does not mean it will happen next year. YMMV

SBtS

If you are nervous about cruising in hurricane season and since the Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to Nov 30, your cruise to Bermuda is limited to April or May. I would select late May.

When I select a month to cruise to Bermuda, I do not even consider if it is hurricane season or not. What happens this year, does not mean it will happen next year. YMMV

SBtS

Thanks I initially was not worried about the hurricanes until Irene came on the scene, so I really shouldn't worry about it then I guess is what you are saying?

What I'm saying is that be aware that it is hurricane season and buy insurance; and that your cruise could be negatively impacted.

For example, I'll be cruising to Bermuda in May, 2012. Aha you say, SBtS is concerned about hurricanes because he is cruising in May. Here's the story:

I wanted to cruise to Bermuda in 2012. I won't cruise in July or August because it is too hot, too humid and too many children for my liking. September is less hot and humid but I'm too busy, in June, I have too much on my plate. So I select mid October.

I go to book the cruise for mid-October on HAL's Veendam but the Veendam is not doing Bermuda after mid-August. I could have booked with another cruise line but the Veendam is the only cruise ship that docks in Hamilton, the center of Bermuda and capital. All the other cruise ships go to the Dockyard, at the far west end of Bermuda, and, JMHO, the Dockyard, a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to stay there.

So that left me with April or May, so I booked May and purchased insurance. Not once in the process of selecting the date of the cruise did I say to myself, this is hurricane season better change the date.

BTW, not everybody selects a cruise this way.

SBtS

Thanks I initially was not worried about the hurricanes until Irene came on the scene, so I really shouldn't worry about it then I guess is what you are saying?

What happended with Katia? Also, what will be the impact from Maria which hopefully appears to be headed for the Atlantic graveyard.

There are trop storm warnings in UK, Faroe Islands for Katia... at least yesterday they were expecting awful conditions by later tomorrow or early Tuesday if I recall.. Maria isn't much now, Carnival was changing itins to go to West Caribbean and they changed back so ships scheduled to head East are doing so.

Re favorite month: since water temps not an issue, love very late May, first 2 weeks June.

We go to Bermuda in June now..we used to go in July, but it was too hot and more expensive and more kids...We go in June...i like the second week better, because the water is a little warmer and Bermuda temperatures are perfect for me...have never heard of a hurricane in June in any of the years we have been going there...in May the water isn't warm enough for me and there is a better chance of jelly fish..:( Whenever we go it is great...as you can see it's my favorite place to go.....Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

I love to go in the fall....late Sept, early Oct.....the crowds are LOW and the weather is great....and the water temp is perfect!!

We are leaving in a few days for Bermuda (again!) and I can't wait to get onboard...

Next year, I will be taking our 'girls cruise' to Bermuda in May....guess we wont be doing much swimming :( ...but one of the 'girls' is a college professor and cannot go in the fall....and I refuse to cruise in the summer....(too crowded)

Archived