Nieuw Amsterdam cabin VB6051

Ladybugdm

Any thoughts on this cabin? I just booked it for a 2013 cruise, and it seems to have a different shape than the other VB cabins. Is this a good choice, or should I switch for something else? Definitely want the balcony but can't see paying the extra for the suites.

Are you sure you mean 6051? If yes, that's just a standard size and shape VB. Your forward view will be a little restricted by the angled balcony of 6049.

If you mean 6052, that's an HC cabin, and you really shouldn't be booking it this far out if you don't need it.

You should check out Joanie's thread "Photos/info about HAL's cabins" or something entitled similiar. It's located at the top of the threads list.

Click on your ship and then scroll down the descriptions and photos. You may see actual views of your specific cabin choice. It will also give you ideas about other cabins, in case you want to change your mind.

Just for clarification, 6051 isn't an HC room, 5051 is though so maybe that's why some are getting confused. 6051 appears to be a normal room, next to an SS category suite.

Dont take the deck plans too literally, just because something looks wider doesn't really mean it is, usually.

Just for clarification, 6051 isn't an HC room, 5051 is though so maybe that's why some are getting confused.
You appear to be the one who is confused. I said:
If you mean 6052, that's an HC cabin, and you really shouldn't be booking it this far out if you don't need it.

In this diagram 6041 appears to be a little a narrower than the rest of the VB, but 6051 doesn't look any wider to me.

2130615910099632937S500x500Q85.jpg

We had 6051 on Westerdam and asked about the size because of the reasons stated here and were told by HAL that the diagrams may be off a bit but those standard balcony rooms are all the same size.

6051 on Westerdam was the same size as another balcony stateroom we had on another Westerdam sailing.

I know it may be different on NA, but I doubt it.

:) :)

Archived