Miami hotels--free shuttles vs. better location?

allesonwonderland

Hi there! I'm looking to book a Miami hotel for my pre-cruise stay. I may even be brave and try and use Priceline! :D I was originally looking at Downtown--seems to be nice hotels and some are within walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace. Of course, then I'll have to pay for transportation to get from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the port. My question is, am I better off booking a hotel near the airport? I see many of them offer free shuttles from the airport and to the pier. (Of course, then we'd have to pay to get down to Bayside...) What are your suggestions for what will be most cost efficient?

Thanks in advance!!

I believe most of the airport hotels only shuttle from the airport to the hotel. It is a long way to the port from the airport, about a $25 taxi ride for up to 4 people and $21 to the downtown hotels. Rates are posted in the taxis. We have stayed at the airport Wyndam, but prefer the downtown 3 star hotels, which we get on Priceline anywhere from $35 to $70. We have stayed at the Sheraton and the Hyatt. Taxi from these hotels to the pier is about $11 for the two of us. It's not far from downtown to the pier. Neither of these hotels offered a free shuttle in the past. If you bid 3 star downtown on Priceline, you should be able to save on your hotel, more than enough for taxis!

My friend and I are cruising on the Victory June 5th-12th. We are flying to Miami days before our cruise. I bidded on priceline yesterday for a 3* hotel and got the Sheraton Biscayne for

$65 a night. I've read great reviews on this hotel and I know that it's not far from bayside. But they will be tearing this property down as of June 25th. I hope this will help.

Archived