Review of our September 10, 2011 cruise on the POA

brunolvr

Hi, nascardingbats! That's fabulous that you were able to book Owner's Suite #12502 -- I hope you love it as much as we did!:)

Yes, the water stays hot in the jacuzzi -- at first it was a little too hot but the butler had the temperature adjusted for us. Make sure you make time to enjoy it and your beautiful suite!

Any problems, any questions, with your suite or whatever, just call the butler and ask! They are more than willing to help if you just ask!

can you make it cool like a personal pool? Just wondering, we have a hot tub here at home and in the summer I do that as no one wants to be in 104 degree water when its 90 out.

I am just counting the moments until we go. Will do a review on the flip side of your cabin (we are in 12000)

Sandy; yes, it would be great to have her with us. The plan is that we will leave just after her dorm becomes available. We will have spend the previous days shopping and getting to know the university at Manoa. She will probably want to organize herself and get everything in order, so that's our cue to leave. We'll return after a week of cruising the islands, check in with her, say good-bye, (aloha) and fly home.

We were on the Eclipse last summer for two weeks italian med, and that was kind of our last family hurrah. If her dorm somehow became available that much earlier, and we could add her on at the last minute, then, yes, we would certainly love to have her. thanks for letting me ramble on and on and on.....

Lisa

lisa@scanditaly.com

I know just how you feel Lisa, our son is a freshman this year at college and it was touch and go if he would be able to join us, I got the best 50th birthday gift a mom could ever get- he is sailing with us in less than two weeks! If you ever want to chat you can email me at ydreamvacation@gmail.com

They grow up so fast :(

can you make it cool like a personal pool? Just wondering, we have a hot tub here at home and in the summer I do that as no one wants to be in 104 degree water when its 90 out.

I am just counting the moments until we go. Will do a review on the flip side of your cabin (we are in 12000)

I don't see why not -- just ask the butler and I'm sure he'll be able to help you.:)

I know just how you feel Lisa, our son is a freshman this year at college and it was touch and go if he would be able to join us, I got the best 50th birthday gift a mom could ever get- he is sailing with us in less than two weeks! If you ever want to chat you can email me at ydreamvacation@gmail.com

They grow up so fast :(

Hi there mydreamvacation; I just sent you an e-mail, but forgot to wish you a bon voyage! Have a fantastic time, and especially enjoy the hikes. Since it is not high summer, heat should not be a problem, just a welcome change from where you live. Will eagerly await your reviews!

Hi there mydreamvacation; I just sent you an e-mail, but forgot to wish you a bon voyage! Have a fantastic time, and especially enjoy the hikes. Since it is not high summer, heat should not be a problem, just a welcome change from where you live. Will eagerly await your reviews!

Thats weird I got the notification on my gmail account of the post but not an email. I will try writing you from my regular account with the link you had in your post.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for sharing! The suite is lovely! Much more toned down than I expected! We will be sailing August 11-18, 2012 in Suite 10002. How similar would our suite be to yours?? We were told 10002 is category SB. Do you know if 12502 is SB?

We are getting really excited now!

Thank you so much for sharing! The suite is lovely! Much more toned down than I expected! We will be sailing August 11-18, 2012 in Suite 10002. How similar would our suite be to yours?? We were told 10002 is category SB. Do you know if 12502 is SB?

We are getting really excited now!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your suite!:) Yes, our suite #12502 was also an SB Suite so I would think they would be very similar except you are on the Starboard side of the ship. Make sure you take some time to relax and enjoy your suite and hot tub!;) and enjoy breakfast and lunch in the Lazy J Steakhouse -- excellent food and service!

Thanks for posting this as I have read for the second time. Sandy if you book this cruise again would you consider the owner suite 12000 on starboard side? With the exception of the Napali coast sail by is there any advantages to port or starboard - sunsets, port views etc?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this as I have read for the second time. Sandy if you book this cruise again would you consider the owner suite 12000 on starboard side? With the exception of the Napali coast sail by is there any advantages to port or starboard - sunsets, port views etc?

Hi, Kruisenut! If we booked this cruise again (and I hope we are able to someday), I think we'd prefer the port side, mainly for the Napali coast. But the starboard side wouldn't be out of the question if port side wasn't available. It would be more important to us to have an Owner's Suite (with our own private hot tub). It did seem like our balcony always got the early morning sun and we had planned to have breakfast out on our balcony but it was too warm for us out there.

Archived