Sunshine & Souks

edwardteach

Got back yesterday (after 4hr flight delay - told just before we stepped off the coach at the airport - as usual).

We really enjoyed this cruise & found it similar to OV.:)

Only one minor irritation was the defined/undefined smoking areas. Smoking seemed to be OK anywhere outside so I had to put up with it or move.

Pity that all trips offered are just tours. I would would be good if activities could be introduced.

I would readily go back on this ship but next years itineraries don't grab me. One more thing, please don't let them introduce formal evenings!

ET

That is totally my gripe about the smoking. We couldn't get away from it last time, much worse than last year. I can only think that the captain smokes and has let standards slip. Please Thomson do something about it, especially on deck 8 where they allow constant smoking on both sides of the ship. Also up the steps outside the Beachcomber, both sides again. No escape.:eek::eek: It will definitely put us off going on the IE again.

Jan

Jan, wasn't the whole area outside the beachcomber no-smoking when you were on? It was in July, and it's a pretty big area.

Also the sunbathing areas were no-smoking. We don't use them much ourselves but noticed a lot of smokers coming away from there to smoke, then going back.

kate

You're probably right Kate and maybe we just picked a bad week as it wasn't that bad last year. I'm not retracting though. Don't know about round the pool as we don't go there but it only takes one to break ranks and everyone else piles in and who is going to enforce the rules? They don't with reserving sunbeds.

Smokers have no idea how unpleasant it is to non-smokers, we are not just being difficult for the sake of it, just ask anyone who has stopped smoking. The trouble is that the smoke doesn't go out to sea as smokers think, it blows back in towards the ship so we have to walk through everyone's smoke. The old joke about spitting in the wind applies. I quite like my fresh air.:):)

That's it!! I've had my say and no more responses from me, onwards and upwards.:):)

Jan

Archived