San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Another cruiser from San Francisco checking in!

Noticed this thread is 10 pages long (actually my posting just made 11), so I guess I have some catch up reading to do.

Hey Beav: remember me from the Norwegian Sun?

Andres

I took the dogs (Max and Sam - Corgi brothers) for a walk this afternoon on Treasure Island which sits in the middle of the Bay between San Francisco and Oakland. The view from there is always spectacular, but today it just seem perfect after a few days of fog. I noticed TWO cruise ships were in port which is a bit unusual. One was the Infinity which was at Pier 35 the usual berth for cruise ships, but the other was docked a mile or more away not far from SBC Park at the base of Bryant St.. On my way home, I drove by to see the name of the ship which was Regal Princess. Now that I'm home, I realize I can see that one from my living room. Guess I can watch it sail in a short time from now!

Another cruiser from San Francisco checking in!

Noticed this thread is 10 pages long (actually my posting just made 11), so I guess I have some catch up reading to do.

Hey Beav: remember me from the Norwegian Sun?

Andres

Hey there, Andres...

You bet I remember you! How is life treating you these days? I suppose you're still cruising (and sailing ships, too!) since you're still hanging out at Cruise Critic!

Digby--Thanks for the post. I saw the ship from our windows in Diamond Heights that you identified as the Regal Princess--before your post I was wondering what ship it was. Do you have any idea why it was there and not at pier 35?

Digby--Thanks for the post. I saw the ship from our windows in Diamond Heights that you identified as the Regal Princess--before your post I was wondering what ship it was. Do you have any idea why it was there and not at pier 35?

We must be neighbors as we also live in Diamond Heights! I assume the reason they were placed where they were was because pier 35 can only take one ship at a time and the Infinity was there. The area where the Regal Princess was docked is the area where eventually the new cruise port will be SOMEDAY, I think.

Ah, we're former Diamond Height-ers! We moved from Duncan about 5 years ago but it holds a place in our hearts -- where we met and our first condo! :D

Enjoying the sunny weather today? We're off to the park with the dog -- she is itching to get out and run around a bit. Have a great day everyone!!

Back in the saddle, so to speak, and had a great time on the cruise. But the jet lag is the worst! Had a great time in Soho before we came home- last time I investigated the London gay scene, it was all in Earl's Court! Makes you feel old- sort of like when the gay scene here was more on Polk St. The "scene" was quite young, and I was begininng to feel trollish, especially after all those trolls in Norway, but we found several fun bars. Fortunately for Ed, there was a bar that was for shaved headed men and their admirers- I mean how specific can you get!:D

Welcome back Andrew- glad you and Ed had a great cruise. We enjoyed our week on the Pride in Mexico; not much activity but very relaxing.

My friend Larry is asking when the next C6 get together will be. Guess we'll have to wait for the Harmony to return Beav to the WC :D

Ed, thanks for asking about Hubble- he's in his glory now that two dads are home and spoiling him out of guilt. It was so expensive in Norway that we really didn't pick up any souvenirs, but we HAD to get a toy for Hubble, so now he has a stuffed penguin that he carried around proudly in his mouth. Too cute, if I do say so.

Tedson- I'm sure the return of the Crystal queens wil spark a C6 meeting, and Brian and I are supposed to work out a[n] m&m later this month in the City, eh, Brian?

That's what I was thinking -- the SF M&M is supposed to be this month, right?

We had a fun time meeting DESTCRUZ last week-end, it'll be interesting to hear their stories about their Sunday in "The WC" and their cruise with BEAV on the Harmony.

Welcome back Andrew and Ed! When are you going to book the Nautica??? :D

Hi Guys:

Welcome back to SFO Blazerboy (Andrew and Ed) So glad to hear you had such a nice cruise.

I got an email tonight from Beav who is in Juneau today -- they are all having a fabulous cruise on the Crystal Harmony. It's even nicer than Mike and Bob remember, and Brian and Gary are so pleased to see so many familiar faces amongst the staff from their cruise last year! Their service has been just wonderful and they're having a great time. We'll be all looking forward to a great review from Beav upon his return.

I wish we could have travelled with them on this one, I know we had just a ball with them all last year sailing to Hawaii from Vancouver on the Radiance.

We're looking forward to seeing them this fall as we'll fly home to YVR from Honolulu via SFO with a few days stop-off.

Sure wish we could be in the "WC" Starbucks clatch as well .... :D

Dave

Hello again!

Hey Beav! How are you doing? Glad to hear you were able to recall who I was! Have to get together soon so you can tell me all about your Crystal experience!

Just got back in town last night from Puerto Rico: starting a new job tomorrow so better go there before my vacation pool starts at 0 again! I also was able to see the Regal sailing from my room as I was packing to go see my folks. I told my partner: those guys are lucky! They get to sail under the Bay Bridge and under the Golden Gate. Hope one day I can do the same.

By the way, I am on Burnett on Twin Peaks so I am almost a next door neighbor to some of you guys!

The new cruise ship terminal should be constructed on what today is Pier 30 & 32: the area where the Kaboom takes place. Who knows how long it will take before it gets completed. However, maybe now that Princess is going to sail Mexican cruises out of San Francisco on a continous basis, the pressure to finish it earlier will be greater! Hope so, I personally think our cruise pier is an embarrasment to the city!

Hope to be able to meet all of you soon!

Andres

Wow...4 days without a single post. This thread is really slipping!

With all the Diamond Heights/Twin Peaks folks posting, perhaps the SF get-together should be in the Castro?

Blazerboy, I was looking at your Infinity thread...that's great about the huge price drop :) Wish I were joining you all.

It's not too late, Ted!!! Really great deals available, starting at leas than $100 per day per person!

It's funny, but I thought I DID post on this thread recently- too much going on. When Beav gets back, things will liven up again, no doubt.

We are in town that weekend to celebrate Ed's B-day, but with all the night time activities, and traffic, we should plan carefully if we want to do it that weekend.

My suggestion for that weekend would be to meet early, before things go crazy for Pink Saturday. I liked the idea of Martuni's, and would suggest meeting from about 5:00 to 7:00 so that people with plans to go out can still do that later (we have dinner res. at 7:30- when will you people realize it's all about me!:D ), and those that want to escape back to the quiet of their homes can do so before Upper Market gets shut down.

If we did it there, I wonder if anyone's using the back room at that time (mind out of the gutter, folks;) ) as that would be an easy way to have people recognize eachother by gathering near the baby grand. Of course, I'll wear a blazer!

But I'm also open to another time/weekend- thoughts, suggestions for better venues, anyone?

Andrew

We are in town that weekend to celebrate Ed's B-day, but with all the night time activities, and traffic, we should plan carefully if we want to do it that weekend.

My suggestion for that weekend would be to meet early, before things go crazy for Pink Saturday. I liked the idea of Martuni's, and would suggest meeting from about 5:00 to 7:00 so that people with plans to go out can still do that later (we have dinner res. at 7:30- when will you people realize it's all about me!:D ), and those that want to escape back to the quiet of their homes can do so before Upper Market gets shut down.

If we did it there, I wonder if anyone's using the back room at that time (mind out of the gutter, folks;) ) as that would be an easy way to have people recognize eachother by gathering near the baby grand. Of course, I'll wear a blazer!

But I'm also open to another time/weekend- thoughts, suggestions for better venues, anyone?

Andrew

I like that idea - Martuni's it is! I don't do Pink Saturday, so Sat Eve would be just fine (and I'll wear a blazer too!)

;)

Hi Guys,

first day back to work today and it's been hell, let me tell you. Didn't get home until midnite Saturday nite and was still on "left coast" time so stayed up and watched the American Idol final show (TIVO) . . . finally made it to bed around 1ish - VanCleef and Arpel had us up at 6am - they were too excited to sleep - so yesterday (Sunday) is somewhat of a blurrrrrr - I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with all those maritinis BEAV made me drink while on the Crystal Harmony.

We had a great time meeting our future cruise partners on the Nautica - Patrick and Steve . . . then it was off to "The WC" for my virgin experience - more drinking - BEAV has a very bad influence on people in this area - be warned!!!! Monday we joined the Crystal Harmony and got to meet John and Bob - had the picture perfect sailaway from SF - I bought the picture as proof, if anyone is interested!

I can't believe BEAV hasn't posted anything to this thread since our return!!!!! . . . he's slipping . . . . . or drying out!!!!! Blazerboy - the Harmony is much much much better than I remember from my last sailing - and we missed David DeHavilland by one sailing - he joined the day we left!!!!

Mike

Hi All--We had the pleasure to meet DESTRCRZ (Mike and Bob) from West Virginia and again meet BEAV (Brian and Gary) from Walnut Creek on this cruise. Don't tell anyone, but Brian and Gary celebrated their 10th anniversary on this cruise!!! How great is that??? I suspect they both meet when they were 10!! So there!!! I requested and got an FOD party from the FABULOUS cruise director Ron Goodman ( a reliable source told us that he is straight--OK) who not only hosted the party but picked up the tab!! How great is that??? Jim from LA requested a second FOD party which was hosted by Richard Berman, the pianist in the Crystal Cove and again the tab was picked up by the ship. We had about 15 or so people at the FOD parties. This was our fourth cruise (previous being 2 cruises on Celebrity Mercury ((which we still love)) and one on HAL Prinsendam. We have become Crystalized. Food, Food, Food, Service, Service, Servide. Bob and I were so happy to meet so many 'family' members on board.