San Francisco Cruisers

aaerobear

Hey Guys... Sailing from SF in October... Hawaii!! Star Princess... Come on aboard!!;)

That sounds fun! Have never sailed away from our home port...

We're headed to Panama with a B2B to Hawaii in October. Any family onboard? Hope to hear back. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find another listing under LGBT... is there anyone else going on this cruise? Bob and I would love to meet up with others... 10 days at sea, will have to occupy our time (other than relaxing). Looking forward to the time off! - Cheers! - Peter

• 1 month later...

Any SF/Bay Area cruisers on Atlantis's mid-August Seabourn Quest sailing from Istanbul to Athens? If so, let's get together in early August for a "meet and greet" to introduce ourselves. Perhaps a Sunday afernoon at a Castro bar?

Cheers! :)

Edited by sfgoguy

• 1 month later...

It's nice to see this thread is still alive after all these years, and some of the folks I know are still posting (Hi BDJAM :-) ) I've been on a hiatus from cruising for a few years, and just moved from Cali to Florida. Booked a 9-day RCI cruise out of New Orleans, but it's not until December of 2013, so guess I'll have to get more active in Cruise Critic to pass the time...Ted

• 3 months later...
It was nice to see that the Sea Princess has been in drydock in San Francisco and now on the way to the South Pacific.

Thanks gor that info. I knew it was Princess, but didn't know which one...and couldn't tell from the Bay Bridge yesterday.

Andrew

This may be old news to many of you, but Princess will be home-porting the Grand Princess in San Francisco beginning late 1Q or early 2Q, 2013. They have scheduled multiple 15-day Hawai'i cruises as well as shorter AK and Mexico trips. Sigh:rolleyes:... oh, if only it were a Celebrity ship! Princess' frequent cruiser benefits suck compared to those of Celebrity and RCCL.:mad:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This may be old news to many of you, but Princess will be home-porting the Grand Princess in San Francisco beginning late 1Q or early 2Q, 2013. They have scheduled multiple 15-day Hawai'i cruises as well as shorter AK and Mexico trips. Sigh:rolleyes:... oh, if only it were a Celebrity ship! Princess' frequent cruiser benefits suck compared to those of Celebrity and RCCL.:mad:

I agree, we can hope for a Royal return to the West Coast. :)

• 1 month later...

But we're going on a Cruise again. This will be our 2nd.

For our 30th anniversary, we are headed to Alaska to see the glaciers. Balcony room on the Star Princess.

Hoping I don't freeze my :eek: off. Gotta shop for some winter clothing soon, as the sales are on!

• 9 months later...

Hey, Aaerobear.

2013-We're three-plus weeks away from a Med cruise on Celebrity Silhouette, Venice to Rome, for our fifth anniversary... who can believe that it's been five years since all those weddings in California in 2008?

2014 is likely a stay-cation year, as we want to get another dog, and will use vacation time for that, and to spend more time at our weekend house.

2015 is QM2 for a replacement crossing- they put her in drydock in 2008, so our honeymoon was cut in half. We went over on the last crossing of QE2, and were supposed to return on QM2...

We're mostly bouncing between Cunard and Celebrity, but a Princess cruise out of SF is tempting!

Andrew

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blazerboy

We just got our 2014 cruises finalized.....deposits made, some of the airfare booked....

Celebrity Silhouette cruise roundtrip out of Venice in June 2014 for 11 days

and Sapphire Princess roundtrip out of Singapore in December 2014 for 10 days.

We were going back and forth on itineraries and different cruise options, as my partner only wants to sail Celebrity and I like trying different ships. So we decided that we will do one Celebrity a year and one on a different cruise line a year - that's a good compromise.

But first, we have a South America cruise on Celebrity coming up in 60 days.

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

We decided to sail on Azumara Journey from Singapore on 2/3/14. We had a rather unpleasant experience on Millennium in April and after a long string of Celebrity service downgrades, including an extremely snobby group of FODs decided to try the higher end ship. So far I don't think any other family members have announced their presence. The itinerary is amazing and we're hoping for the best.

Dave and Mark

So sorry to hear of your Millenium experience since we're going on her for the first time from Hong .kong to Singapore in March. We've had two pretty good experiences on Azamara, both T A's over the past two years. Hope your Azamara experience is as good as ours!

• 1 month later...
We decided to sail on Azumara Journey from Singapore on 2/3/14. We had a rather unpleasant experience on Millennium in April and after a long string of Celebrity service downgrades, including an extremely snobby group of FODs decided to try the higher end ship. So far I don't think any other family members have announced their presence. The itinerary is amazing and we're hoping for the best.

Dave and Mark

My partner and I have been on three Azamara cruises, including the SE Asia Hong Kong-Singapore cruise. We love the line and can't say enough good things about it. You can find my reviews here on cruise critic. Have fun! Be sure to check the dailies on board for the GLBT meet and mingle...usually a gay or lesbian member of the crew shows up (CD staff or entertainer in our experience) to host.

We just switched our Dec 2014 cruise on Princess to a Brazil / Argentina cruise on Azamara Journey. We are a little leery of trying such a small ship, and worried about the median age on board, but the itinerary is amazing with overnights and long port stays. We just did the West Coast of South America on Celebrity last month, so we're excited to see the East Coast of SA. But first, we have a Mediterranean cruise on Celebrity Silhouette in June!~

Michael & Omar