From Carnival to Celebrity

wife2b

As one can tell from my signature, we have done mainly Carnival cruises and just had our first Celebrity cruise. The ONLY reason I felt pampered was due to the fact that we had a concierge class stateroom. With that we had a bigger breakfast menu for room service, had flowers in our room, fruit basket, a bottle of champagne that we couldn't drink (yuck) and canapes every afternoon. The room stewarts at both ships kept our room clean and the service was wonderful. I missed our towel animals and our dancing waiters. They really looked like they were having fun each night. We also enjoyed our servers in the MDR at Celebrity. Both were shy at first but came around and joked with our group.

There are more venues that charge extra at Celebrity than there is at Carnival. The Bistro on the Silhouette was worth the extra price and so was Tuscan's. That are the two that we went to and the food was great. The steakhouse at Carnival is also great. If you can do the Chef's table at Carnival, do it... it is a wonderful experience.

You can find a quiet place on either line to get sun. If you wish to sun around the pool, you will have problems at either line unless you go to the "serenity areas. Depending on the time you are cruising, it will reflect on how many children are on board with you. Carnival will usually have more children on board.

A cruise is what you make it no matter what line you are sailing on. If you want to party, you can do so on either line and if you want quiet time with just the two of you, that can be done also.

Enjoy your cruise!

My husband and I are looking into other cruiselines after several cruises with Carnival. We are in search of better service, attention to detail, etc. We are both mid-twenties and not necessarily "partyers"- we're pretty easy going and can meet friends anywhere. From what I've heard about Celebrity, there is a bit of an older, more subdued crowd. We don't want to stick out like a sore thumb and are hoping to find others around our age. Is that likely?

FYI- I'm hoping I didn't offend anyone. We're excited about trying Celebrity, just want to get a handle on what to expect :)

You are going to love Celebrity! The age demographics will depend alot on the time of year you sail.

Having said that, we will be onboard the Silhouette March 29, 2012, with my sister and her DH and 11-year-old twins. The kids love Celebrity.

Jo-Ann

Archived