Hotel Advice!!!

ddeprez

We will be cruising out of NO on Mon. 4/18. Would like to stay near the French Quarter the night before. Found two deals that seem pretty good- Holiday Inn Express French Quarter & Pelham Hotel; both around $90. Any advice on which is better, and how that price seems would be appreciated!!

Thanks for the tip!!

Unfortunately, I got all the way through, and then it came up saying that they couldn't process the reservation at that time, and to try again later. It does look like a great deal.

The Express is on CARONDELET. Good location but not in the French Quarter- it's the CBD. Just fine for walking the FQ- if you don't have any mobility limitations. I've stayed in this area several times, on a real budget, it's walkable from the airport bus- $1.60 pp each way, necessary is to pack light and have a quality rolling bag.

Thanks for the info! I was actually able to book the French Quarter Suites for 89.00...now to find a place for 4/23...I lost the hotel I thought I had booked! That's the start of jazz fest, so everything is sky-high in the FQ.

Anyone had good results with Priceline??

ddeprez:

I'll be in NO on the 23rd as well. I searched for three weeks for a reasonable hotel price in the FQ but couldn't find much. A hotel called The Patio had good rates, but it looked a little...ahhh...scary.

I ended up booking the Hilton Riverside for $189 a night.

It's just so tough w/Jazz fest. If you don't want to stay in the FQ you can find cheap rates.

Sorry but as a many time NO visitor, the French Quarter Suites is NO place I would ever consider staying. Very poor location and over the "edge" for me and definately on my iffy location list. I don't go anywhere near Rampart for lodging.

That's a bummer to hear about the French Quarter Suites. It's gotten great reviews on Trip Advisor, and was recommended by another person on this board!

I've gotta say, Budget Queen, I hope you're wrong on this one!!

There is no reference to Smooth sailing even staying there???

I have been to NO, many many times, that area is NO place I would ever consider. You are far better off at the Holiday Inn Express. If you continue with this reservation, take cabs at night.

I haven't stayed IN the French Quarters but we were there until the wee hours of the night. It's not a place that I would want to rest my head. Lots of parties and restless college kids. We're visiting New Orleans again in 12 days and I WILL NOT be staying in the Fench Quarters. Although the hotels can be pretty (from what we saw on the outside), it didn't look like anybody was policing the activities from any of the balconies.

Just my thoughts!

Archived