Aix or Sanary?

Pather

We just came back from our Med. cruise and on our Marseille day we went to Aix in the afternoon. We really loved it! It was much nicer then Marseille, I have not been to Sanary so I'm not sure how it would compare. We found that Aix was quite charming with just enough sightseeing for us and lots of lovely shopping in the little town. We saw an interesting Cathedral with three different styles of architecture, places of interest to anyone interested in the French Revolution and I understand that there is Cezanne related stuff to see there too. We mostly enjoyed the shopping (I bought french linens, soaps and lavender) and sat at a sidewalk cafe for a crepe. Good luck with your planning!

795019810_WesternMed2011636.jpg.ac21b47f5131df930225402ae1a15f23.jpg

1148839747_WesternMed2011603.jpg.a45a80e13b1d5588e9d911bf96fdf37e.jpg

1361170840_WesternMed2011627.jpg.58958bfb6ed8859b1f279a174e37f632.jpg

We took the ship's tour. I would not generally recommend the ships tours but this one was not too bad. It gave us the benefit of getting some of the history and seeing some sights we may have missed on our own. If you are going mostly to shop, or just soak up the culture I would probably take the bus because about half of the ship's tour is devoted to sightseeing. I understand the bus is easy to take and there are some posts that talk about it I think.

Archived