A few mote days!

billyelliot

You're right, it's chilly all around this weekend! It should warm up to seasonable temps (68/21) by Wednesday and be pleasant for departure on Friday. The good thing is it got me into the mindset to pack properly for England following the crossing.

Had a really busy day here in Niagara! Cold, wet and overcast:( done all the attractions! Got soaked on the maid of the mist lol. :eek:

Ready for our train journey tomorrow for our next leg to New York! There are a few couples from UK on same trip, but we opted for an extra day in NY rather than Niagara. I'm glad we did! :D

billyelliot: If you didn't reserve free tickets to see the 9/11 memorial (sold out for the foreseeable future), some of the NYC tours include admission to the meorial as part of the tour cost. There's an article in today's NY Times that lays out some of the options: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/03/nyregion/911-memorial-tickets-distributed-through-tour-companies.html?_r=1

We're getting in NY about noon on Thursday so I didn't think any of the tour options would make sense for me but maybe they'd be useful for you, such as a water taxi daypass.

I got the email and photo, wonderful, and for me memories came back, they had thicker capes back then too, re the 9/11 tickets are sold out way past december that I could see, if there is a way let us know on a thread I know many people want to vist

All I know is that you can easily buy a tour that includes the memorial on its agenda. The tour companies aren't supposed to charge more for the memorial admission but it looks like some raised their tour prices slightly whether the schedule includes the Memorial or not. See the Times article for some leads.

I looked at the free ticket schedule the weekend of the opening ceremony and could have gotten admission times then that would have been consistent with our travel. DW was unsure she wanted to deal with the emotion at the moment so we didn't reserve tickets. We're just a few hours away and we get up once or twice a year so we'll just let it go this time.

After very long train journey, one that I wouldn't rush to do again! We arrived at our hotel! Today we went down to the memorial. They give day tickets out from 9 am. Ours was for 12 midday so we couldn't use it, as we had ti kets for Statue liberty. It's on a 1st come 1st served basis. We got there for 9 am. I will try again tomrw for an earlier time. Just stood in grand central station for the free wifi lol .

Can't wait to unpack on the ship! Don't lime living out of a Case. X

After very long train journey, one that I wouldn't rush to do again! We arrived at our hotel! Today we went down to the memorial. They give day tickets out from 9 am. Ours was for 12 midday so we couldn't use it, as we had ti kets for Statue liberty. It's on a 1st come 1st served basis. We got there for 9 am. I will try again tomrw for an earlier time. Just stood in grand central station for the free wifi lol .

Can't wait to unpack on the ship! Don't lime living out of a Case. X

If you need wifi, btfon is in NYC cheap, it works though, hope your ready for friday

In rockefeller centre, for our trip to the top! ( free wifi too lol)

Managed to get day tickets for the memorial today. We arrived at 8.15 and joined a long que! But we managed to get tickets for 10am. It's a very beautiful peaceful place. We also went to Ground Zero museum, which was very moving.

I am really ready for our cruise now! Can't wait to get dressed up and enjoy good food. ( and hang my clothes up!) My legs feel like Iv walked a thousand miles....... Ooo the hot tub is beckoning me lol

I won't be using wifi inboard, so I will report back on return xx

In rockefeller centre, for our trip to the top! ( free wifi too lol)

Managed to get day tickets for the memorial today. We arrived at 8.15 and joined a long que! But we managed to get tickets for 10am. It's a very beautiful peaceful place. We also went to Ground Zero museum, which was very moving.

I am really ready for our cruise now! Can't wait to get dressed up and enjoy good food. ( and hang my clothes up!) My legs feel like Iv walked a thousand miles....... Ooo the hot tub is beckoning me lol

I won't be using wifi inboard, so I will report back on return xx

Bon Voyage, thanks for the email updates, have a wonderful time, will be waving on your sailaway, you maybe late, but we will be watchng:)

Just on our way to port! Read about bad crossing:eek: and fire. A bit worried now. Also been round Central park in. Pedi bike and got back to realise we have lost our debit card, with all our hol money on it! We've cancelled it, but over jere if you purchase anything, you don't even have to sign! Just our luck somebody will have gone on an hour spending spree!

Bye! X

Just on our way to port! Read about bad crossing:eek: and fire. A bit worried now. Also been round Central park in. Pedi bike and got back to realise we have lost our debit card, with all our hol money on it! We've cancelled it, but over jere if you purchase anything, you don't even have to sign! Just our luck somebody will have gone on an hour spending spree!

Bye! X

Hi Billyelliot. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to NYC & sorry to hear you lost your debit card - I hope it was found by one of my fellow honest New Yorkers :)

BTW, the problems earlier in the week on QM2 didn't happen on a crossing, but rather the return from Canada where the ship encountered very bad weather. Recent postings from the ship (thanks LemonTree) indicate everything is Ok.

Looking forward to your posts from the ship. Hope you have a very enjoyable voyage. -Regards, Salacia

OK, we're checked in, had lunch (NOTE that the Golden Lion does serve lunch on Embarkation day - but we defauled to the KC), DW is napping and I'm making sure my MiFi didn't self-destruct after all (not that it will be of much use after we sail).

Other good news - I happened upon my wife's Transderm Scop patches in our travel medicine bag this morning so they weren't lost after all.

We'll probably have the WiFi package so I'll try to post some highlights every couple of days.

PS: Boarding was painless and first passengers went on about a quarter after 12, so this week's adventures didn't upset the sailing schedule very much at all. I happened to be watching the webcam when the ship come under the Verazzano Narrows Bridge a little after 6AM:

attachment.php?attachmentid=208802&d=1318011365

1401665989_QM2entersNYC.jpg.a90f461650b150b677e88e1526662851.jpg

OK, we're checked in, had lunch (NOTE that the Golden Lion does serve lunch on Embarkation day - but we defauled to the KC), DW is napping and I'm making sure my MiFi didn't self destruct after all (not that it will work after we sail).

Other good news - I happened upon my wife's Transderm Scop patches in our travel medicine bag this morning so they weren't lost after all.

We'll probably have the WiFi package so I'll try to post some highlight every couple of days.

PS: Boarding was painless and first passengers went on about a quarter after 12, so this week's adventures didn't upset the sailing schedule very much at all. I did happen to see the ship come under the Varazzano Bridge a little after 6:

Hi Underwatr. Glad to hear you're off to a good start! :) -S.

Archived