Transatlantic

defreeze

It depends on demand. I booked the trans may1 CC on the millie for $1,800/p and then 3 weeks later they dropped the price to $1,100, I did get the savings credited but it would have made me sick if I did not. I think next time I would verify that they will match better prices. By the way, if can arrange to go now they have inside cabins for 14 night available for $700/p on that May 1st sailing.

That's a steal

Hi, Defreeze - Last year Celebrity didn't issue the transatlantic schedule until July, several months after they had issued the rest of the schedule in April. Even then, they subsequently changed the dates and itinerary for one of the crossings - the Millenium crossing was shifted to three weeks later and they eliminated several port stops. The shift was to allow them to put the ship in drydock in Europe rather than in Florida, but I have not idea why they cancelled the port stops. I don't know whether they would similarly delay issuing the 2006 transatlantic schedule.

Regarding the best time to book, I'd recommend booking immediatly upon release of the schedule if you want a particular cabin and/or a particular location. You should get the benefit of any subsequent price drop, but at least you've got the cabin you want. For instance, we wanted one of the six "outside" FV cabins with the larger balcony for the Millenium transatlantic. We booked it the week the cruise was released in July 2004, and we haven't seen any of them available since then.

Tomcruiser is correct that transatlantics always seem to have deep last minute discounts, but like any last minute booking you may not be able to get the cabin or location you want.

Be wary on spring transatlantics as they usually don't sell out and they have last minute fire sales after they get your money. Check 90 day ticker on *****.com and you will see. On my spring transatlantic on the star princess they were selling minisuites for $324 per person less than I paid for a balcony. They don't refund the difference anymore and all I go was a $50 on board credit for my letter. I have elite status with them and Celebrity and this is our 4th transatlantic. Celebrity did the same thing on the spring transatlantic in 2002 when I was on board. When you cancel and rebook you have to come up with $1500 and my not get the refund on you original deposit till you get back.

Archived