Internet cafes in Canada/New England ports

I do not want to carry my notebook computer with me on the cruise, but would like to check emails every couple of days. Are internet cafes or ? available in the NE Canada ports (Montreal, Quebec, Saguenay, Baie Comeau, Gaspe, Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax, St John (NB), and Bar Habor, Maine)?

Thanks

DaveOKC

I do not want to carry my notebook computer with me on the cruise, but would like to check emails every couple of days. Are internet cafes or ? available in the NE Canada ports (Montreal, Quebec, Saguenay, Baie Comeau, Gaspe, Charlottetown, Sydney, Halifax, St John (NB), and Bar Habor, Maine)?

Thanks

DaveOKC

We also decided not to take a computer, but used our smart phones on free wifi in most of those ports (many right in the building at the pier), is that an option for you?

Any Starbucks and many other coffee shops will have free wi-fi.

If you have no computer, try a public library. You don't always need a membership card to use the internet stations there.

In Montreal, there are lots of hotels in the port area (Old Montreal) and most willl have business centers, ask to use one. Oftentimes, you access the internet with a credit card, so anyone can use the computers, not just hotel guests. Same goes for Quebec City.

There is free WiFi in the terminals at Charlottetown and Sydney. Bring your netbook/laptop/device into the terminal.

Next door to where Maasdam usually docks in Halifax, is free WiFi at the 'farmer's market' that is new. It's an area they were still working on in June but should now be completed.

Free WiFi in the terminal at Quebec City.

Next door to where Maasdam usually docks in Halifax, is free WiFi at the 'farmer's market' that is new. It's an area they were still working on in June but should now be completed.

It looked like it was all finished when we were there last month.

Archived