Shadow in-suite DVD amd wifi?

uk1

just go off from Silver Shadow; no DVD players and certanly no WiFi. the computer room was very problematic and the IT person onboard was not at all helpful. This is one of the few Silversea problems and needs attention quickly.

Many thanks Richard,

I agree. At this end of the game DVD players are essential (shouldn't have to take our own) and wifi would be self-financing and be a very important aspect of choice, particularly in attracting the younger well-healed that SS seem anxious to find an entry to.

Thanks again for your post,

Jeff

If I understand correctly DVD's have a region code on them. Is your code the same as mine here in the US? If not how would this be handled? Is there such a thing as a multi-code player?

There are multi-code players and in the UK most sold now play most regions.

I use a fujitsu ultra portable computer that plays most dvds. Most older dvd players sold here only play dvd's on a regional basis but even many of these have fixes either you can do yourself by button sequencing or if this fails then by a "fix" to play all regions. You can google this and find pockets of expertise that will tell you how to reset most players to play most regions. Inherently the players which are all manufactured in the same factory want to play all regions but are software fixed for each geography to restrict and each manufacturer accomplishes that in different ways.

Jeff

Archived