Summit, Deck 2, Room 2060 Question..

kelikea

My husband and I were assigned an Ocean View room on the Summit for the November 26, 2011 sailing. I'm not sure how I feel about a deck 2 room. Does the water reach the windows on that deck? Ocean deep water freaks me out and I don't think i'd like to hear water hitting my room window. Also, has anyone ever had this room before? We normally stay on deck 7 or above on any cruise we've been on.

Not to worry. Deck 2 is not at the water level. There is a Deck 1 below you where you get onto the tender. So you won't be seeing water hitting your window.

We were in 3057 when we cruised to Bermuda in the summer. This is just one deck above you and in a similar location as yours. You will feel very little rolling because you are low and near the middle of the ship.

We enjoyed our location very much as we could get to the restaurant, the theatre, and shopping area easily. Of course, it is a long hike to the sun deck, if you like to use that a lot.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am on the same deck as you (cabin 2150) but on the Celebrity Millennium (same class of ship). Here is a picture showing the location of the cabins on the Continental Deck in relation to the waterline. You can see that you're safe and well above the level of the sea.

2150b.jpg

and another picture taken further away showing the level of the Continental Deck cabins, the row of cabins just above the tenders alongside the ship.

tender.jpg

We just got off the Summit a couple of weeks ago and had cabin #2125. We loved it! It was a great place to be when the seas got a little rough and when we came back from shore excursions, we only had to go directly to our room :) Sometimes it was a pain to get an elevator, but it was good exercise to get to the Waterfall Cafe :rolleyes: It was kinda fun to be so close to the ocean too.

We had 2097 on the Summit last year and I have to agree with the other posters. The cabin is well-above the waterline. But it was low enough that I enjoyed sitting by the window and watching the waves. It was super-easy to get off and on the ship when we were ashore. Getting an elevator was sometimes hard, but we found that at busy times it was easy enough when on 2 to get a Down elevator and ride down one floor. It still got crowded, but at least we were already on it. I'm not sure where 2060 is, but 2097 was almost directly mid-ship and we felt very little motion in our cabin.

Archived