Canada/new england cruise

JP1947

Can this cruise be compared to cruising the inside passage in alaska? Are you always off shore or do you cruise narrow passages?

No similarities to Alaska.

We were on this cruise last week. There are some wonderful ports of call and a long voyage down the St Lawrence.

I was on this cruise last fall. Absolutely wonderful. There were 7 ports interspersed with 7 sea days. The morning spent sailing up the St. Lawrence was incredible. We were out in the warm sunshine all morning soaking up the scenery. The sea days were at sea, out of sight of land for the most, except for the St. Lawrence day. Loved, loved, loved this cruise, both for it's extensive historical knowledge and for it's relaxing sea days.

The two cruises, Alaska's Inside Passage and the Atlantic seaboard of Canada and New England, have very, very little in common. Alaska is incredibly majestic with abundant narrow inland waterways, where as cruises through the Canadian Maritime Provinces and New England spend the bulk of their cruising off shore a good distance when not actually in port.

The singular exception would be if you get a cruise that hits the Saguenay Fjord. It doesn't resemble fjords you might see in Chile, New Zealand, or Norway, but none the less it's a beautiful sight when cruising.

Here are some pictures I took of the Saguenay Fjord when I cruised the Rotterdam VI back in 2002:

sag1.jpg

sag2.jpg

sag3.jpg

sag4.jpg

sag4a.jpg

sag5.jpg

Archived