JS on RCCL MARINER???

ciship

Any Junior Suite AFT cabin on RCCL Mariner either deck 7 or deck 10 any better than the other? Or are they all the same? Should I choose port or starboard? (we want to see the ports as we are coming in and debarking).

Also, any recommendations for connecting cabins on RCCL Mariner? Can the partitian between balconies be removed on Mariner?

Is there more motion and swaying on Deck 10 that is obvious and noticible?

Would appreciate any and all advise before I book.

Since they ARE sister ships, I am assuming that the Nav. aft is set up the same (and by looking at the deck plans, they appear to be).

We sailed in 1694 (JS) on the Nav a few weeks ago, and enjoyed a HUGE balcony and wonderful room. It DOES connect to 1692 (superior ocean view), however, the balconies had a fixed steel partition. (1394 and 1392 also connect and are the same configurations) Between 1694 and 1394, there was a "frosted glass" partition. (opaque enough, as it didn't discourage me from doing a little topless sunbathing!)

I would strongly recommend deck 10, as you will have noone peering over your balcony from above. The way the ship tapers down, if you are on deck 7, you will have several balconies that overlook the frontal portion of your own.

Here are a couple of photos that I found of that cabin on the Navigator prior to our cruise -- mine had my son and husband in the way! (Thanks to the original photographer...!)

1694-1.jpg.7e3f2844bce8da5b4208e0a606a0cc24.jpg

1694-2.jpg.73ec2df6cf4ea7ec6cf5e3473592aaba.jpg

I stand corrected on another thread... deck 7 and 8 are completely STACKED, and do not taper. Deck 10 overlooks 9 and 8, but deck 7 aft balconies are private from being viewed above.

Sorry for any misunderstanding... :o

TexasDH, thanks so much for the info and the photos. I am assuming the higher up we are the more sun we will have also....correct? What about a breeze......is there a breeze in the aft cabins?

• 1 month later...

Texas DH

Thanks for the pix. We just booked 1694 for next April. Is the bathroom much bigger than a D1. I know there is a tub, but is one of those mini-tubs ok for a kid or can an adult actually sit in it?

Thanks

Archived