5-day Spirit March 27 comments-Roatan

LUCY55

Nice stop. We arrived a little late due to the delays in Grand Cayman--but the captain did try to make up some time (45 min.-1 hour late?). We did Tabayana beach day tour. They used school buses for transportation. Dirt roads--very dusty. Tabayana beach was very beautiful--a bit too crowded especially after the Dream's passengers arrived. Snorkeling was excellent especially if you went out a little further to the drop off. The reef was close to shore and very close to the surface of the water at some places--easy to damage as well as cause a few scrapes. I don't understand why people thought they needed fins-even more likely to hit the coral and stir up the sand. Snorkel equipment can be rented right at Tabayana beach. The food supplied by NCL was so-so. There was a cute bar/restaurant just up the beach. If I had to do it over I would get cab transportation to the general area and walk along to beach to get to the best snorkeling. Nice area-has an undeveloped feel.

Hi Lucy, sorry we never met onboard. We went to Fantasy Island, we always try to go where the crowds are less. We had a very nice day there, my dh rented snorkel equipment and saw many cool fish. There were so many jellyfish he cut his time a little short. We swam in their small freshwater pool, and had lunch there. (I would suggest bringing something to eat with you, the food was not good)

The tour guide who rode with us from the pier to the resort was very informative,we really enjoyed him.

There were many places to go where there were only a few people around, even after the Dream people arrived.

Archived