Discounted DOD's

wife2b

When you buy a DOD it comes in a plastic Carnival glass......if you hand them back that glass they discount your next one by one dollar!

Or you can buy your DOD in a regular glass for $4.95

First drink 7.95

refill 6.95

Reg glass $4.95

Regular mixed drink Bacardi - 5.95

not sure of the difference in size between the souvenier glass and the regular glass, but it is less of a hassle then having to carry the Souvenier glass around all the time

I thought that the drinks were discounted during sail away time too. Is this true? I could swear I paid a discounted price on Lido while we were up there watching the ship leave the different ports, on our first cruise.

Our last cruise we were never on Lido (since we had a balcony), so I never got to check if that was right.

:confused::confused::confused:

Is the regular glass the same ounces as the souvenir glass? If so, that's what I'm doing. They can keep their souvenier glasses!

Or you can buy your DOD in a regular glass for $4.95

First drink 7.95

refill 6.95

Reg glass $4.95

Regular mixed drink Bacardi - 5.95

not sure of the difference in size between the souvenier glass and the regular glass, but it is less of a hassle then having to carry the Souvenier glass around all the time

The DOD glasses are bigger

Yes the DOD glasses are bigger. The question is how much bigger. If it was say 12oz vs 10 oz then it is cheaper to go with a regular glass, but if they are 16oz vs 8 oz then it is cheaper to go with the DOD glass (should say plastic cup :))

The DOD glasses are bigger

Yes they look quite a bit bigger, but they are also filled with ice so Im not sure how much more you actually get and the souvenier cups are different each day I believe so I dont think you can use the same one each day. I am not positive on this because I dont drink very much, but I did notice they were different each day. We got two different cups while we were on board and only refilled them once each time. I know that they are alot more generous with the alcohol in your drinks than they are in a local restaurant too. Some of those DOD's are almost all alcohol with a splash of juice, lol.

This is exactly what I was trying to find out, thanks :)

Another quick question- I'm not sure I've ever seen DOD's in anything other than a souvenir glass. Do you have to special request a DOD in a regular glass at the bar?

I thought that the drinks were discounted during sail away time too. Is this true? I could swear I paid a discounted price on Lido while we were up there watching the ship leave the different ports, on our first cruise.

Our last cruise we were never on Lido (since we had a balcony), so I never got to check if that was right.

:confused::confused::confused:

It's called a "sail away special." A different drink than the drink of the day is offered at a discounted price for about an hour. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think these are around $5. I fondly remember enjoying several bushwackers on the deck as we were leaving Jamaica.

I have yet to see those drinks for 5.00 at sailaway.

They do not even have a price on them- waiter only says-- would you like a drink. (many newbies think they are free so they take one and sip before the waiter says I need to see your card.

Last cruise in February they were 7.50 plus 15% more. Refill is 6.75 plus the 15%

Archived