Best way to transfer to airport? Costa Magica Nov 19

zannacanada

Our Costa Magica cruise is supposed to arrive in Civitavecchia at 8 am on Nov 19. Costa told our travel agent the earliest flights out of Rome should be scheduled for 1:30 pm, so we booked a 1:30 flight; the last one to Toronto (via Frankfurt) that day.

One week later, Costa is saying they will only provide and guarantee transfers for 2:30 pm flights.

Are my daughter and I likely to make the flight? What's the best way to get to the airport now that Costa won't sell us a transfer? There are trains at 9:41 and 9:59 that will get us into Fiumicino at 11:04 and 11:34, respectively. A private cab will be 130 euros for 2 people, 150 if we can find 2 people to join us.

Thanks!

In order to avoid any hassle take a cab straight to the airport, you will have plenty of time. There are no direct trains from Civitavecchia to Fiumcino, you have to change trains in Rome. Driving time in a cab should be 40-50 min:)

To save money you can try to buy a transfer onboard, in the reception or at the excursion desk.

Enjoy your cruise :)

Thanks for the advice, Norweigan Cruiser. I'm glad we don't have to reschedule our flights.

At this time Costa won't sell us a transfer because our flight is 1 hour ahead of the time they're willing to guarantee. I may try again before booking a private car, seeing as Costa's transfer is a real bargain.

Archived