Tables for 2 in MDR on the Diamond?

intrepid23

Are there tables for 2 in the Main Dining Room on the Diamond? For dinner we plan on sharing a table (requested table for 6 but not sure what we will be allocated) however for lunch we prefer to eat on our own. We love having table service so the buffet is not really on our radar. So guess I'm wondering what our chances of getting a table for two in the open seating at lunch will be. :confused:

Are there tables for 2 in the Main Dining Room on the Diamond? For dinner we plan on sharing a table (requested table for 6 but not sure what we will be allocated) however for lunch we prefer to eat on our own. We love having table service so the buffet is not really on our radar. So guess I'm wondering what our chances of getting a table for two in the open seating at lunch will be. :confused:

If you indicate that you want to eat lunch or breakfast without sharing a table, chances are they will give you a table for four and not seat anyone else with you.

If you indicate that you want to eat lunch or breakfast without sharing a table, chances are they will give you a table for four and not seat anyone else with you.
caribill, What you say had been true on our previous 9 cruises including the Sapphire in April of this year. We would ask for a table for two and be seated as the only people at a table for four. However, on our cruise last month on the Sapphire you could not get a table for two for lunch. On Embarkation day and the two sea days on our cruise we requested a table for two each time but were seated with others at a table for four six or eight. They limited the area open on Embarkation day and the DR was the fullest we had seen on the two sea days. We did not eat breakfast in the DR on the last cruise so I can't say if tables for two were available at breakfast. Don't know if this is a permanent change but it was our experience last month.

Thank you for your responses...we will have a rethink...what we might do then is to switch our plans around, change our dinner to anytime dining and request tables for two, and at lunch share with others in the MDR. Any other feedback or thoughts will be appreciated.

On the October 1st sailing of the Sapphire this month, we ate all our meals (all that were served) in the MDR. I did not see any tables for two in the main dining room at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. There were three of us sailing together and they always tried to sit us at a large table. We had to expressly ask for a table for four and twice we were told no (first day lunch and last day breakfast). This had not happened to us on previous sailings.

We were on the Diamond in June and there were a lot of tables for two for dinner in the MDR. We were never seated with anyone else. I would not think it would be much different for lunch or dinner.

We were on the Diamond in June and there were a lot of tables for two for dinner in the MDR. We were never seated with anyone else. I would not think it would be much different for lunch or dinner.

How are the tables for two arranged? Several tables for two in a row? (small square or round)? We plan on Traditional Dining and have indicated "just two of us".

Thanks for your input.

Thank you for your responses...we will have a rethink...what we might do then is to switch our plans around, change our dinner to anytime dining and request tables for two, and at lunch share with others in the MDR. Any other feedback or thoughts will be appreciated.
There are a significant number of tables for two in the other four DRs used for Anytime Dining. If you eat before 6:00 or after 8:00 you should not have a problem getting a table for two without a wait. Why not try room service a couple of times for lunch? There should be several Pub Lunches during your cruise. Don't know if they will allow tables for two. It can become crowded and seating is often at a premium for the Pub Lunches.
On the October 1st sailing of the Sapphire this month, we ate all our meals (all that were served) in the MDR. I did not see any tables for two in the main dining room at breakfast, lunch, or dinner. There were three of us sailing together and they always tried to sit us at a large table. We had to expressly ask for a table for four and twice we were told no (first day lunch and last day breakfast). This had not happened to us on previous sailings.
I believe that the International DR which is used for Breakfast, Lunch and Traditional Dining dinner has few if any actual tables for two. With a group of three is was probably easier for them to seat you at a table for four and leave an open chair. They were not allowing only two at a table on the Sapphire in September.
Most if not all of the actual tables for two are in the Anytime Dining rooms. We had no problem with a table for two at dinner in those DRs. It was in the International DR for lunch where they were not allowing tables for two on the Sapphire this September which was a change for April when they were allowing. This change was after they started closing the DR for lunch and with a new Maitre 'd.

How are the tables for two arranged? Several tables for two in a row? (small square or round)? We plan on Traditional Dining and have indicated "just two of us".

Thanks for your input.

There are 3 dining rooms open for anytime dining. We did not go into the dining room for traditional dining so I'm not sure of the set up of that dining room.

As I remember one of the dining rooms had a lot of square tables of two in a row and one dining room had small round tables for two booth style. I don't remember how the third was set up.

We found that as long as we got to the dining room for Anytime dining by 6:30 we had no difficulty getting a table for two and were seated within a few minutes.

Archived