Any Suggestions??

funkygirl2

Hello, we will be visiting Bonaire for the first time in January. We don't snorkel or dive which I have read is the thing to do on this island. Is there much to see in Bonaire? I am wondering if it is worth while to do a Princess island tour or if we should just get off the ship and walk around on our own. Is there much within walking distance to the pier? Any suggestions would be appreciated...we don't want to miss anything but with a port intensive cruise we want to spend our money on worthwhile tours!

Hello, we will be visiting Bonaire for the first time in January. We don't snorkel or dive which I have read is the thing to do on this island. Is there much to see in Bonaire? I am wondering if it is worth while to do a Princess island tour or if we should just get off the ship and walk around on our own. Is there much within walking distance to the pier? Any suggestions would be appreciated...we don't want to miss anything but with a port intensive cruise we want to spend our money on worthwhile tours!

http://www.infobonaire.com/otheractivities.html Link supplied in a previous post for what to do in Bonaire if you don't snorkel-lots of good ideas:)

we really liked Bonaire. We were there last March, and are non-snorkel/divers. We did a glass bottom boat tour and loved it, then we walked around town a little. Back on board some of the snorklers were a little envious of the glass bottom boat b/c the jellyfish had been out in force.

• 3 weeks later...

We found this place accidently and it turned out to be the highlight of our trip. These are wonderful people doing a wonderful service with no help from the locals.

http://www.donkeysanctuary.org/eng.html

Just returned from cruise on Zuiderdam that included stop in Bonaire. Ship tour was $59. Walked of the ship and saw sign for same tour for $25 with Bonaire Vista Tours. (I think they should charge more, maybe $30-$35, to pay off the brand new van sooner--it is expensive to purchase a vehicle on Bonaire!)

They are wonderful!!! When we got back, we checked them out on Tripadvisor. All positive reviews. The owner was so nice and works so hard to be successful.

• 4 weeks later...
Just returned from cruise on Zuiderdam that included stop in Bonaire. Ship tour was $59. Walked of the ship and saw sign for same tour for $25 with Bonaire Vista Tours. (I think they should charge more, maybe $30-$35, to pay off the brand new van sooner--it is expensive to purchase a vehicle on Bonaire!)

They are wonderful!!! When we got back, we checked them out on Tripadvisor. All positive reviews. The owner was so nice and works so hard to be successful.

Just back off Crown Princess. luv2travel06, I took your advise and went with Bonaire Vista Tours. I e-mailed before we left and booked it on line. Barbel is very informative about the island and does an excellent tour. She really goes out of her way to provide a great tour at a very reasonable price.

Alan

Just returned from Crown Princess cruise which stopped in Bonaire. We took an island tour with a taxi driver named Farid. He and his wife drive 2 bright yellow 12 passenger vans which you will see when you get off the ship at the end of the pier. The island tour is $25/person for 2 hours. Farid is very informative and entertaining. I highly recommend his tour. His email is:taxi7farid@yahoo.com

Just off Crown Princess. We did an island tour with Farid. He and his wife drive 2 bright yellow 12 passenger vans which you will see when you exit the ship at the end of the pier. He charges $25/per person for a 2 hour tour. Farid is very knowledgeable and entertaining. His email address is : taxi7_farid@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

We actually rented a car which worked out very well for us. Spent 5 hrs driving through the island at our own pace. Visited the salt pans, slave huts, saw flamingos, spent time at the Donkey sanctuary, drove to Lake Gotomeer, (Park was closed due to bad roads from recent heavy rains), snorkeled at 1000 steps beach, drove to a lookout above Rincon and even stopped in to have a couple of beers at a local establishment outside of Rincon. Once you get out of the downtown area, there really isn't much traffic and the island is not big. (if anyone does rent a car though be sure to ask about A/C -if this is important to you- and if it is standard or auto transmission - Also if planning a trip to the park it is suggested to rent a jeep or pickup with higher clearance as the roads are not paved).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello, we will be visiting Bonaire for the first time in January. We don't snorkel or dive which I have read is the thing to do on this island.

I didn't snorkel either- til I got to Bonaire! I took the Woodwind tour, and it was well worth the experience. If you don't swim, they provide flotation devices. Don't pass up the chance to cross that off your bucket list. ;)

• 3 months later...

Archived