Do you pay for water, coffee, tea?

DaphneD

Hi everyone,

Taking my first cruise this summer, with Princess. Since I've never been before I don't really know the ropes. One thing I was wondering about is whether or not to pack bottled water.

I've heard that you pay for your own sodas and alcoholic beverages, but what about water? Do you pay for it and is it easily available? I drink 5-8 glasses of water a day, but if I have to pay for this, it might be cheaper to pack some bottles of my own.

I was also wondering whether there was a charge for coffee/tea.

Thanks much!

You also pay for bottled water. You can buy one bottle and then fill it with tap water. If you have a refrigerator you can keep it in there so it will be cold.

Marilyn

Tap water on ships is highly purified, so refilling your bottles would work fine. Or you can buy a bunch of bottles in a grocery before going onboard - Princess lets you take on water, soda, wine and champagne (but supposedly not beer or hard stuff - if you read more of this board you will see lots of people smuggle it on). Your room will have a couple of bottles of water in them - for around $3.50 each.

Water/coffee/tea are available in all the dining rooms, including the buffet for free. Soda costs there, although you can buy the soda card for the entire cruise if you drink a lot of it like we do.

I take a wide-mouthed, plastic thermos with a shoulder strap and fill it with ice cubes & water from the bathroom faucet. :cool:

When I first go to my cabin, I ask the Cabin Steward to bring a large pitcher of ice every morning (in addition to the ice bucket). As it melts, I get Ice Water. ;)

The water on the Princess Ships is triple filtered and is actually more pure than what you buy in the bottles. You can see by the clearness of it and the icecubes. :p

I get the fresh sliced lemons from Horizon court, as well as ordering a plateful with my roomservice breakfast, as well as Honey.

Then I make fresh lemonade. Much better for the Body than cokes. :D

I agree with others, the water onboard is much better than most city water systems. We also usually take bottled water with us for the trip down, and re-fill them for use onboard and to take on excursions.

Tea, Coffee, Lemonade, etc are usually always available, as well as Milk, Juices, etc. at breakfast. If iced tea is not available (sometimes- or if you dont like the taste), do like my DW does. She gets a teabag and hot water, makes tea and pours it over ice - quick and refreshing!

Enjoy the cruise!

Thanks, everyone.

I'll probably end up packing some bottled water and then refill from the taps. Good to know that the ship water is highly purified. I wondered about that also.

Happy cruising!

Archived