Excited about New STAR Hawaii Intinerary for 04/25/04, BUT as of Today 04/10/04, Is Cruise Still On?

erikishere

Yes, We're Booked on the STAR Hawaii 04/25/04 Cruise, and thru the Kindness and Alertness, of Members of this Cruise Critic Board, We're Aware of "Changes of Intinerary", Pod Problems, and EXTRA Mauii and Big Island "Ports of Call" icon_redface.gif) NO Problems! BUT as of Today (Sat. April 10, 2004), to the Best of ANY Cruise Critic Member's Knowledge, is the STAR April 25, 2004 HAWAII Cruise, "Still On"? Thanks for ANY Info! (ps) I know the Hawaii STAR will be "Dry Docked" for the May 02, 2004 Re-Positioning VANCOUVER Cruise. (pss) Oh, what the heck! some Humor here: Since this will be the "Last" STAR Hawaii Cruise, Do You Think there will be Incredible Sales of "Hawaii Clearance Merchandise", on Board? We LOVE to Shop! erik and lorna of Loveland, Co.

Extra note: that was supposed to be a HAPPY FACE after "Ports of Call", in my Post (it came Out, a "Suprised Red Face"). We're Really Happy about Extra "Ports of Call". Since I'm Here Now, I'll ask another Question. Is there Past Posts and/or Links, I can go to, that has the "BEST TIPS", from Past Hawaii STAR Cruisers Listing: Strageties, Hidden Deals, "Must-See" Excursions, etc., etc., to Make One's Hawaii Star Cruise, Most Memorable and Special? Thanks for any Info! erik and lorna Loveland, Co. Hopefully, still on for 04/25/04 Hawaii STAR Cruise.

Hi... The ship's still sailing... but I guess we won't be able to believe that until we're actually on board now! I just can't wait to get out the cold and in warm Hawaii! There's been some great Star reviews on this site, just go to find and search for Star Reviews.

Our friends are going on 4/25 too and they got their documents on Fri. I think it probably will be a nicer cruise without Fanning Island but since I have not gone I don't know just a feeling. Happy Cruizing....chet

Thanks! EveryBody for Putting Our Minds, "at Ease", concerning the 04/25/04 STAR HAWAII Cruise! I think it will be the BEST Cruise Ever! ShoreGuy-Thanks for the Info on the "Ports of Call" Thread. I'm going thru it every Evening, checking out the Two Extra, NEW, "Ports of Call", we're going to Have, on the Big Island, and on Maui. I also got turned on to a Great Web-Site called www.CRUISECLUES.com Once on the Site You type in the Name of Your Ship, and it calls up ALL LINKS, connected to that Ship! A Great "Clearing House"! Wave GoodBye to All Your Friends "On Shore"! See You, "On Board"! erik and lorna from Loveland, Co.

Chet: We've done it both ways, with Fanning Island and without. It definitely is better with Fanning Island. Fanning Island was an incredible experience, like walking into the pages of National Geographic...a beautiful island, beautiful beaches and beautiful, warm and inviting people. It was sadly missed!!!

Hi! I just came back from the 4/11 STAR cruise and had a wonderful time!!! In the Galleria Gift shop, some items that are "Hawaiian are 30% off. I bought a turquoise saraong and matching top(made out of rayon) for $15 and sarong/top for my 2 little girls for $10. Fanning Island shirts were $6.50. Any questions, e-mail me at Slockbower2@cs.com.

Joanne

I also just returned from the 4/11. Wow! what a wonderful week. We enjoyed the extra days in Hawaii, but will always wonder what adventures we missed in the Fanning Islands. I would highly suggest to anyone going on the 25th to go to the library and check out a Frommers or such book, read up on the highlights and RENT A CAR!! We saw so much more than others who did the excursions and I know we paid so much less!! We did do the downhill Maui on the bike and it was such an experience! Time is not such an issue with the new itinerary..No matter what you do just relax and enjoy yourself!!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;4;11;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000 4/11 Star

HAWAII CAR RENTAL TIP: Just a Couple of Days from Our 04/25/04 HAWAII STAR Cruise, and Last Week I did NOT know what Car Agency, to go with: Alamo, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, Hertz, etc. All the Posters for the HAWAII Island Ports were Saying Good/Bad/Indifferent Things about Each Agency: Some supposebly did NOT Service Certain Ports, NO Shuttles, etc. etc. and I remembered One Poster said Go to: www.discounthawaiicarrental.com And that It was a "Clearing House" for Most HAWAII Car Rental Agencies, so I Did. Budget and Thrifty "Stood Out" the Most but ONLY Thrifty had a TOLL-FREE Phone#. to Directly Connect You with a HAWAAIN Thrifty Agent. Within 15 Minutes I had Car Rentals (a Toyota ECHO @ $26 Dollars/Day) for ALL 4 Islands and Confirmation Numbers, and I called on Their "Dime", and they Assured Me Lots of SHUTTLES from the Dock to the Car, starting 1 Hour after Port Docking, and Our Names are even on their "Shuttle List", so You might want to try: www.discounthawaiicarrental.com P.S. Always go to the Car Rental WebSite, You Choose, to PRE-Register your "Car/Liscense/Insurance Info" (You're Going to Have to Do It Sooner or Later, "On Board Ship", or at the "Port of Call", and PRE-registration gets You Locked In to their "Best Rates"! Good Luck, and Smooth Sailing! erik and lorna from Loveland, Colorado

Archived