AOS - dock or tender?

Adventure of the Seas with these ports: St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua & St. Kitts. Does the ship dock at each of these or are any of them reached by tender? Have hated past experiences with tenders, especially on large ships where there are very long waits coming & going.

You won't have to tender at all this time. However, if you do have to tender on future cruises, simply don't be the 1st off the ship! Once the crowd has died down, there's little waiting! Same with returning....get back to the dock about 1/2 hour before the last tender...no lines.

You won't have to tender at all this time. However, if you do have to tender on future cruises, simply don't be the 1st off the ship! Once the crowd has died down, there's little waiting! Same with returning....get back to the dock about 1/2 hour before the last tender...no lines.

Good advice. Patience is a virtue and unless you have a valid reason for being among the first passengers off the ship, waiting a relatively brief amount of time can dramatically reduce any stress related to tendering.:)

Adventure of the Seas with these ports: St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua & St. Kitts. Does the ship dock at each of these or are any of them reached by tender? Have hated past experiences with tenders, especially on large ships where there are very long waits coming & going.

When are you sailing? I am going on the AOS on November 20 and have all of the same ports. :confused::confused:

Believe it or not Nov 20 is when I was thinking about going & didn't actually book yet. We had to wait until my husband cleared it with his doctor. He has been going through chemo for years & we pretty much always do everything last minute because it's hard to plan far ahead. I know there's still availability but we only like midship cabins & if a decent location isn't available we won't want to do it (as we've experienced rocky ships many times & midship is best). I liked the Nov 20 because of the itinerary & wanted to be away over Thanksgiving for once (& avoid my inlaws). If we take this cruise we'd be flying from Hartford CT & I have to book a San Juan hotel before & after. We always stay the night pre-cruise & the main reason we'd stay post-cruise also is because it's much cheaper to fly home the Monday after Thanksgiving than the Sunday, even with hotel cost factored in. I'll call tomorrow & see what's available & maybe I'll see you on board!

Archived