Dream Eastern 9/24/11-10/1/11- LONG REPORT w/ PICS and MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY

jaybird77

We leave 12/17 on the Dream on this same itinerary and I have completely LOVED this review!! You have a great writing style and I bet ya'll would be a blast to cruise with. Thank you for taking the time and putting so much effort into getting this up for us all to enjoy.

So sad it's over. I loved reading I had some great laughs. Hope you cruise again soon so you can write another review

Thanks for taking the time and let me know.

Kathy

Hi thanks so much for reading it! I will think about doing one when I cruise the Liberty in 3 weeks with my parents!

I am soooo sad that this has come to an end. I hope you will share more of your adventures! You should start a blog so we can all follow you in your day to day events!!!

Ha! a blog.. that made Bryon laugh too :) Actually i used to say that Perez stole my dream job. i'd love to do that- just blog about celebs all day.. I dont think my life would be as interesting though-- woke up, went to work, came home, tried not to eat the entire contents of my refridgerator, went to bed :D

Thanks for posting such an awesome review! I enjoyed every bit of it! :)

thanks so much for hanging in there and reading!

Hey Jay, i think i'm going crazy but did you mention what type of camera you are using? I love your pictures. You are sooo funny! I love the part about Kim Kadashan lol.

I just wanted you to know because of your review I emailed Sunny about setting up something for next year. For $35pp you can't beat it you know.

I'm sad to see your review come to an end. :( I'm looking forward in hearing about your other adventures...you never know i may see you on the high seas.:eek:

Kristy:)

Hey- I dont think I did say what type of Camera I have- I have a Kodak Easyshare Z650. It's kind of old, but it does take pretty good pics! Bryon has a nice camera- a Nikon D40- it's one of those SLR cameras. His color is always so much better than mine!

Hope you enjoy Sunny adventure!

Jay your review was awesome. It was around this time 2 years ago that I was on the Freedom for my wedding cruise (well Megans Bay) We used Sunny that day and had an awesome time with him. That was our 2nd time on a tour with him and we kinda planned our wedding around his tour:rolleyes:. I will be on the dream in January (W Carib) so thanks for the detailed review of the ship.

Thanks for reading! Congrats on your marriage!

So sad to see the end of your review.......will miss your wonderful sense of style and humor. Hoping we sail together in the future. Until next time,

Your new fans and friends in Georgia..........

Thanks for sticking with it and reading! Maybe we'll see you on a cruise if Carnival ever starts giving good rates for GA residents!!

Thank You for your great thread :D Leaving for the Dream in the morning and can't do anything today but dream :p

Debb

Wow- congrats and have fun on your cruise!

what a GREAT review! We are on the Dream 12/10 this year...your trip report has made me 100x more excited to go! Great tips about getting custom salad made while waiting on pasta dish!!!

Oh those salads were so yum! Have fun on your trip!

Stan, are you cheating on our roll call? :D It's okay.. I already did for this thread too! Haha.

Again guys.. GREAT review.. awesome photos! I was going to do this for our 12/10 sailing but now maybe I don't have to since you just did!! :cool:

Hey- you should totally do a trip report! Have a great time on the cruise and thanks for reading!

We leave 12/17 on the Dream on this same itinerary and I have completely LOVED this review!! You have a great writing style and I bet ya'll would be a blast to cruise with. Thank you for taking the time and putting so much effort into getting this up for us all to enjoy.

Thanks for the compliments and I appreciate you reading! Have fun on the Dream :)

Stan, are you cheating on our roll call? :D It's okay.. I already did for this thread too! Haha.

Again guys.. GREAT review.. awesome photos! I was going to do this for our 12/10 sailing but now maybe I don't have to since you just did!! :cool:

I saw you cheat.....so I waited a respectable amount of time before I did....I just loved this review.

Packing Tips: There are a number of packing lists out there so I won’t go over everything, but I just wanted to point out a few things that I think helped us.

Power Strip- There is only one outlet in the room located on the desk/counter area. You really need extra outlets if you have any gadgets, or camera battery chargers, etc. I have read some things about power strips being confiscated, but we got ours through with no problem. Port Canaveral may be more lenient I don’t know. But I would imagine if you brought a new one or one that at least looks to be in good condition, you shouldn’t have an issue.

Fan- Ok, I’m super happy for all you skinny people who walk out into tropical weather and only get slightly moist on your face, and then walk back onto the ship and wrap up in your snuggie, but for us people who actually already have about a 50 pound snuggie we wear all the time, it gets hot! Now the room does have an individual control, so you can make your room cooler. But even with this, sometimes I really was feeling warm, and really what I needed was just some circulating air to blow on me. I bought a small little desk top fan and brought on board and this worked really well for me. I could sit right in front of it when I needed it, and let it circulate the air at other times.

Trash Bags- we packed a few plastic trash bags for our wet towels and bathing suits. We pack everything in a backpack for our shore excursions because they are just more convenient to carry around, but after you go into the ocean, you then have a wet towel and/or bathing suit to deal with. You have to either stuff it down in your bag and possibly get other things wet, and maybe make your bag smell all midew-y by the time you get back to the ship. We just folded the towels up and threw them into the trash bags, then put the trash bag in our backpack. Then that protected our other stuff from getting wet and since they were Febreze scented bags, our backpacks smelled spring fresh!

Downy Wrinkle Release- ok, so no matter how hard you try, your stuff is bound to be wrinkled when you unpack. We found a little travel size bottle of Downey Wrinkle Release at Target. I think it was on about $1.99 or so. If you don’t want to have to spend time down in the little laundry room of the ship doing your ironing, you can get some of this. If you unpack everything on day one and give the worst things a little spritz, smooth them out, and hang them up, it works pretty good at getting out those wrinkles.

Chapstick- We got caught last cruise with sunburned lips and could not find chapstick anywhere! They would sell it to us at the infirmary, but it was like $10! The good news is that it looks like on this cruise they did have some in the gift shop. I do not remember the price, but it’s a lot more than you would pay at Wal Mart. Anyway, try to remember to grab a stick and throw it in with your regular sunscreen.

Well that's all I got folks. I appreciate everyone who has read or will read this review. I have enjoyed putting it together. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer :D

I'll be sailing with the family in March on the Dream and your review and your tips were just fabulous!

You should do this more often!

Thank you so much for your in depth and very valuble review. We are 13 days away from our Thanksgiving cruise on the Dream. I know it took a lot of time and effort to document everything, but it is MUCH appreciated! I was looking forward to our cruise (it's only our second), but have been terribly busy without too much time to think about it. Now I am SUPER excited-THANKS AGAIN!

Thanks for the awesome review! My hubby and I read it together and enjoyed your humor!

You've also changed my mind about the salad bar. My mom's going on the ship with us and she was just telling me about how she can't wait to eat at the salad bar. I was like, salad, on a cruise? NOT! But after seeing your pictures and the description, I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Great review.

OMG I just LOVED this trip report! You had me at Pecos Bill's. LOL - can't wait to read the next one. :D

Ha! Pecos Bill's is great! Thanks for reading!

Oh it is yummy ! We had one in August!

Great review BTW!

Glad you liked the review! Thanks for commenting!

Loved your review....we sailed the Dream for our 10th aniversary on

10-10-10 , hope we get table mates like you guys on our upcoming cruise.:D

Aw how sweet! I hope you have great table mates too on your upcoming cruise. It really does add to the enjoyment of the cruise and all our luck with having great table mates on all our cruises really made the dinners my favortie part of the day- and not just because I was going to get to eat! haha

I'll be sailing with the family in March on the Dream and your review and your tips were just fabulous!

You should do this more often!

thanks for reading and I hope some of those tips come in handy!

Thank you so much for your in depth and very valuble review. We are 13 days away from our Thanksgiving cruise on the Dream. I know it took a lot of time and effort to document everything, but it is MUCH appreciated! I was looking forward to our cruise (it's only our second), but have been terribly busy without too much time to think about it. Now I am SUPER excited-THANKS AGAIN!

Yeah- glad I could help build the excitement-hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for the awesome review! My hubby and I read it together and enjoyed your humor!

You've also changed my mind about the salad bar. My mom's going on the ship with us and she was just telling me about how she can't wait to eat at the salad bar. I was like, salad, on a cruise? NOT! But after seeing your pictures and the description, I'm definitely going to give it a try.

Great review.

Hey- thanks for reading- you definitely need to go build you a salad- they were super yummy!

• 4 months later...

What a great review Jay. My partner and I are looking at the same cruise Sept 12 for my 50th birthday. We did this itinerary on the Glory for our 10th anniverary a couple of years ago and loved it so much we wanted to do it again on the Dream which we have not been on yet.

After reading your review and seeing all the great pictures we are really looking forward to it. You should look into being a cruise director!

What a great review Jay. My partner and I are looking at the same cruise Sept 12 for my 50th birthday. We did this itinerary on the Glory for our 10th anniverary a couple of years ago and loved it so much we wanted to do it again on the Dream which we have not been on yet.

After reading your review and seeing all the great pictures we are really looking forward to it. You should look into being a cruise director!

I hope you have a great time on your birthday cruise! Thanks for reading the review. I had a great trip and a lot of fun writing up the trip report.

As for a cruise director!- I could never do that job, I am much too shy. Butch has so much energy and always seems so interested in what other people are doing. I dont think I could fake it that well! haha. thanks for the comments :)

• 3 months later...
Ok this has to be said- Florida, really? $5 to drive 1 hour on your road to Disney World? Now that that is out of my system…

We arrived around 5:30 (only about an hour to get over to WDW). Oh! I almost forgot about Alistair... Alistair is my GPS. Alistair used to be a rugby star in New Zealand until a knee injury forced him to retire and live in my GPS and tell me how to get to places. Bryon hates Alistair. He thinks he is annoying, but since I was driving, Alistair got to tell us where to go. Well on the way to the Magic Kingdom, I was listening to Alistair, while Bryon was actually reading the road signs. We ended up at Epcot….Oh Alistair, you prankster!

[

Just found your review in the thread of "best of reviews" and had to tell you how much I am enjoying it even though I just started it! I live in Orlando and yes, the tolls on the 528 to Port Canaveral are horrible. And as for your GPS, I can totally relate. My GPS' voice is Mr. Tom from England (I used to live there for 4 years so love it when he tells me to "take the motorway"). I would follow his sexy voice anywhere!! Though, like Allistair, he has been known to make a wrong turn or two!

Can't wait to read the rest!!

Just found your review in the thread of "best of reviews" and had to tell you how much I am enjoying it even though I just started it! I live in Orlando and yes, the tolls on the 528 to Port Canaveral are horrible. And as for your GPS, I can totally relate. My GPS' voice is Mr. Tom from England (I used to live there for 4 years so love it when he tells me to "take the motorway"). I would follow his sexy voice anywhere!! Though, like Allistair, he has been known to make a wrong turn or two!

Can't wait to read the rest!!

Wow- thanks for finding my little ol' review! I guess complaining about tolls going to and from Disney World to a cruise are really first world problems arent they! arent we lucky!!:) Now what is this 'best of reviews' thread of which you speak?

Just finished your review and loved every minute of it. Sounds like you had a great time! Did you happen to post a review of the cruise you took with your parents? I'm sure that would be a great read as well.

Thanks again for a great review!

Just finished your review and loved every minute of it. Sounds like you had a great time! Did you happen to post a review of the cruise you took with your parents? I'm sure that would be a great read as well.

Thanks again for a great review!

Wow that is awesome! Thanks for the link. What a good idea for a thread. I know I have read some of those 'favorites' myself!

You know I actually did not do a review of the cruise with my parents. Once I actually got going on the cruise, it was a little more ...work?... with my parents than I thought it would be :D They had tons of questions and needed a little hand holding for about the first half of the trip (it was their first cruise!).But really I had a great time with them and the good news is that they had a great time too, so I think they will turn into cruisers themselves. Bryon and I are going to Disney World for 8 days in September and then I am HOPING we will be going on another cruise next spring, so I will try to get in some reviews of those trips. Thanks for taking the time to read my report!

Somehow your review got back on the boards and I had the pleasure of reading it today, yeah! Such fun you all had and you provided an excellent review of your cruise. We are going on the Dream in October and am looking forward to the cruise more than ever after reading your review. Hope we meet some people as interesting and fun as you all. Love your sense of humor. ;)

Somehow your review got back on the boards and I had the pleasure of reading it today, yeah! Such fun you all had and you provided an excellent review of your cruise. We are going on the Dream in October and am looking forward to the cruise more than ever after reading your review. Hope we meet some people as interesting and fun as you all. Love your sense of humor. ;)

Thank you so much for taking the time to read it. I'm glad it has popped back up on the boards. I love getting to relive some of the memories myself! Hope you have a great time on Dream. It was a great ship :)

Archived