Delta changed my flight!!!

kdvolfan

Is 12:00 too early out of Vancouver? I'll be getting off the Carnival Spirit on 6/1/05. I originally scheduled a 2pm flight out of Vancouver. Today I looked at Delta's website, and my flight had been changed to noon. Will I be able to make it? Any advice? Thanks.

I also have a noon flight on Northwest on 9/21, and when I asked that question, I was told we should be OK. I called Carnival as well, and they confirmed that we would have time to catch a noon flight. I plan to let the Purser's Desk know after boarding so that we can possibly be on the early list to disembark.

Cindy

The same thing happened to me but with American Airlines. I originally had a 2:00 flight out of Vancouver on 9/24 but the airlines changed it to 12:20. I called RCCL and they said I should be ok. I also will let the pursers desk know about the early flight and try to get early disembarkation but I am still nervous.

Carnival Victory 7/03

Star Princess 11/04

Radiance of the Seas 9/17/05

The same thing happened to me with Delta out of Vancouver on 6/3. I signed up for a 1:00 flight, but they moved it to noon. What's up with that? My travel agent says we should be okay -- they recommend noon or later. Still, pretty annoying! :mad:

As soon as you can, contact the cruiseline. Inform them what happened. They'll give you options as to what you and who you contact on board. You probably have nothing to be concerned about though. :) They'll make sure you're off the ship early enough to make your flight.

Out of Vancouver you will NEED to be well organized for a noon flight. If your airline isn't expedited, then take a cab yourself and don't wait for cruise transfers. If necessary due to long cab lines, go upstairs at the Pan Pacific, and tip the doorman for a cab.

Delta has changed both our flights. The arrival time Atlanta to Anchorage has been moved up by a grand total of 16 minutes.:rolleyes:

BUT, 1:10 departure has been moved UP to NOON.

AND of course, no e-mail from Delta notifying me of change.:mad:

You can also contact your airline and tell them the time they changed your flight to is unacceptable and usually they will change it to a later flight at no cost since they were the ones who made the change.

Scott

Thanks for all your advice. The noon flight made me a little bit uneasy, so I called Delta. They were able to move me to a 1:00 flight with a stop in Salt Lake City. It was originally a non stop to Atlanta. They were very accomodating once I told them I was coming off a cruise and needed a later flight.

Archived