Price change for tour after booked

delta13

I booked a tour with one of the operators suggested on this board for the Dunn's river falls and Margaritaville tour back in Sept. I received a confirmation back via email with the price quoted online. Yesterday I received a phone message stating a different price than what was confirmed. I sent an email back this morning with my original confirmation and he altered the confirmation and sent it back with a different price that what was confirmed. I believe that I should only be paying the price that was confirmed at time of booking. I am thinking about trying to book with another operator for my December cruise. Can anyone suggest someone that they have used and had a good experience with?

Note that some locations increase their admission price and that gets passed on, although the operator should say that was the reason.

We just used Trevor Hudlin and were quite happy with it, although someone else made the arrangements so I can't speak to how he was to deal with. Our trip included Dunns River Falls and a tubing trip plus driving for $65 per.

Note that if you are porting in Ocho Rios, Margaritaville is about a 5 min walk from the ship.

I booked a tour with one of the operators suggested on this board for the Dunn's river falls and Margaritaville tour back in Sept. I received a confirmation back via email with the price quoted online. Yesterday I received a phone message stating a different price than what was confirmed. I sent an email back this morning with my original confirmation and he altered the confirmation and sent it back with a different price that what was confirmed. I believe that I should only be paying the price that was confirmed at time of booking. I am thinking about trying to book with another operator for my December cruise. Can anyone suggest someone that they have used and had a good experience with?

We are planning an excursion to Dunn's Falls. When I was looking for an operator a mont ago, I noticed on most of their web-sites that they had a notice stating that Dunn's was having a $5 price increase and their rates would be higher when the increase went into affect. I've now noticed that these tours are now higher than when I first started looking. It's unfortunate that your trip price has changed, but if you rebook with someone else you'll most likely have a higher price with them too.

The confirmaton should have stated that any increase in admission prices would also affect your tour price. Maybe it's not a common practice in other countries as it is in the US to list the fine print.

I agree travelingfools and I know the price increase was due to the increase at Dunn's River. I guess the phone message I received, this individual tried to raise the price by $10pp and then dropped it to the $5pp increase. When I booked there was not a disclaimer about price increases and I guess I believe when someone sends you a confirmation with price included they should stand by what the original quote was as that is what they agreed to. This individual comes highly recommended on this board and I guess we are not dealing with someone in the US but I will check out other operators and still may switch even if I have to pay a bit more.

Archived