Favorite Excursions??

Teacher_91

Best Juneau excursion - Glacier Trekking with Northstar Trekking. We did the Xtrek and did a 3 hour glacier hike that included a 50' repel into an ice cave. We were the only ones that signed up for the tour so we did get to do things that larger groups couldn't. The scenery and blue of the glacier was absolutely stunning!

Best Skagway excursion - Glacier dog sledding with Temsco. It's expensive and a quick trip but amazing scenery and a once in a lifetime experience IMO.

Enjoy your planning!

I'm wondering about your NSTrekking excursion. This is the Level 3 option correct? We are 28 years old, healthy, active, and athletic although we have never icy climbed before. Do you think we could manage this excursion. We don't run marathons but we hike and work out on a regular basis. Any information would be great as I would love to be able to cross this off my Bucket list! ;)

I'm wondering about your NSTrekking excursion. This is the Level 3 option correct? We are 28 years old, healthy, active, and athletic although we have never icy climbed before. Do you think we could manage this excursion. We don't run marathons but we hike and work out on a regular basis. Any information would be great as I would love to be able to cross this off my Bucket list! ;)

Yes this tour is doable for most everyone, If you don't want to climb, you don't have to, can continue to hike around the area.

I only recommend the level 3 as the time is vital. The others are just too short. And with lessor and cheaper trekking, you get all kinds of ability, that will only go as fast as the slowest person. This is costly, and I look for the most on my tours, you'll need to determine what will work best for you.

Yes this tour is doable for most everyone, If you don't want to climb, you don't have to, can continue to hike around the area.

I only recommend the level 3 as the time is vital. The others are just too short. And with lessor and cheaper trekking, you get all kinds of ability, that will only go as fast as the slowest person. This is costly, and I look for the most on my tours, you'll need to determine what will work best for you.

Thanks for the information, I agree you with about price being worth it. Recently, we hiked the Gros Piton mountain in St. Lucia. We were told by the Rasta guide it was "easy" and even a child could do it. Well... come to find out, it's considered strenuous by the hiking guidebooks and it was! So I just like to be sure when I'm booking things I'm not getting too over our heads! Especially since we have never ice climbed before! I trust you, though! ;)

Harv and Marv in Juneau are absolutely awesome...

Chilcoot Charters and White pass RR in Skagway were superb...

Tundra Wilderness Tour in Denail.... Tom Richards was our most awesome guide!

I subscribed to your blog! It is GREAT! Mine isn't as good as yours. Very thorough! WRITE MORE! heheh

Wow I am happy you liked it... That was the last one. I plan on starting the next, once I have a few more details worked out on this next trip for this summer.

I really enjoyed writing it. I meant to write up my Hawaii trip from last summer , but just had not gotten around to it. I hope you continue to enjoy my blog!

Send me a link to yours?

Nancy

Archived