Dining Times for European Cruises

Casey2

A few years ago we were on a Med. cruise and dining times were later than those on the Caribbean cruises. We are booking a Holy Land cruise on the Mariner and am wondering if this is still the case.

When we signed up for our Navigator cruise last year the times were 6:45 and I think 8:30. We signed up for 6:45. A couple weeks before our cruise another poster posted their review and said once they boarded their times had changed to 6 and 8:30. We kept hoping ours would not change. Our Set/Sail cards even had the later time but then after we boarded they announced that the times had changed to 6 and 8:30.

For that reason we have booked MTD for our Med cruise next summer.

Moral of the story, even if the booking gives the later time, they may change at the last minute.

Med cruises are very port intensive and often go late.

When we signed up for our Navigator cruise last year the times were 6:45 and I think 8:30. We signed up for 6:45. A couple weeks before our cruise another poster posted their review and said once they boarded their times had changed to 6 and 8:30. We kept hoping ours would not change. Our Set/Sail cards even had the later time but then after we boarded they announced that the times had changed to 6 and 8:30.

For that reason we have booked MTD for our Med cruise next summer.

Moral of the story, even if the booking gives the later time, they may change at the last minute.

Med cruises are very port intensive and often go late.

It must depend on how many sign up for which seating ahead of time.

We did the same cruise as you in August and on our sailing dining times wer 6:30 and 9:00. Late seating was packed with locals!

I do agree, it is a crap shoot though.

Late seating was packed with locals!
&
Seemingly, it's only Spanish it's that late.

I've followed threads for this and that seems ot be a common theme for cruises originating in Spain and carrying larger than normal Spanish contingent. Cultural norm would be for very late dining by most American customs. On other threads comments about dinner being held up at late seating due to late arrival of Spanish passengers at the table are common. One more good reason for MTD. At home we routinely eat later (8pm or so) but 9:30pm would find me in Windjammer at 7pm for snack.

Archived