Rental Car Drop-off

JohnSC

Do any of the major car rental companies offer a drop off point at the port of Miami? If not, which are the closest drop off points. Last time I cruised out of Port Everglades I was able to drop off my rental car at the air port which is close to the cruise terminal and I assume that there must be closer drop off points than the Miami airport. My preference would be to use Avis but I am willing to consider other companies for the sake of convenience.

Do any of the major car rental companies offer a drop off point at the port of Miami? If not, which are the closest drop off points. Last time I cruised out of Port Everglades I was able to drop off my rental car at the air port which is close to the cruise terminal and I assume that there must be closer drop off points than the Miami airport. My preference would be to use Avis but I am willing to consider other companies for the sake of convenience.

I've dropped a car at the Avis near the Miami Airport a couple of times, picked up from Orlando airport. I vaguely remember that the first time their shuttle took me straight to the cruise port (it was several years ago), but I might have imagined it. Last time, we took their free shuttle to the airport, and then grabbed a cab to the cruise port. Very simple, especially since we were VERY early (like 8:00 AM) and had time to kill before getting to the port.

Coasterjan

As mentioned, both Hertz and Avis have downtown locations where you can return the car. Hertz has a shuttle, Avis does not, but it is close to the port and cab fare is cheap. Most of the other major companies (Alamo, National, Enterprise, Thrifty, Dollar) have a free shuttle to the port from the airport and that is just a 15-20 minute ride.

• 2 weeks later...

Any recent updates concerning the rental car places close to Port of Miami??

The various Hertz locations at hotels listed above are all on Miami Beach, not that close to port....

We will be picking up rental car at FLL airport & dropping at Miami --then doing reverse at end of short cruise.

The information here is pretty current. The Hertz location you would return to is listed as the Downtown location on their web site. I understand they have a shuttle to the port and they are very close. The airport is not too far and most of the major companies there have a free shuttle too.

Archived