Mini subs/Snuba question

PurpleFish42

I was interested in doing either the mini sub or snuba excursion in Cozumel. However, it seems as though there aren't many fish to see while you're underwater with either trip. Has anyone done either of these tours recently that can give me an idea what they were like?

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Originally we wanted to do the SNUBA tour but were told that it is only available through the cruise lines (which we obviously did not do due to the high prices). We then chose the mini sub tour (got it for $60 as we booked another excursion with them in costa maya) and we had a blast! I would definitely recommend this tour, my wife has never snorkeled before and enjoyed it a lot, which made my vacation a lot easier lol! Really fun tour!

• 2 weeks later...

We did Snuba.

It was a nice experience for me since I only snorkled before this.

For my husband he was quite bored because he scuba dives.

As snuba implies, you are teather via your air hose to your mask to a boat. and you complete a pre determined course. Always in close proximity to the tour guides. I felt purely safe. Now mind you, I opted to not wear to heavy of a weight belt. Bad decision.

The guides had to help me down to the bottom to see the fishes better. Then I floated up, due to lack of weight.

I was okay with this.

My daughter and husband just took off, weighted down with no issues.

The water was rough getting out.

The sea floor at the beach was very rocky and I had difficulty getting out with flippers on even walking backwards, so I took them off and it was ouch ouch because of all the rocks.

Something I did once, probably wont do again.

Safe travels.

• 2 years later...
Originally we wanted to do the SNUBA tour but were told that it is only available through the cruise lines (which we obviously did not do due to the high prices). We then chose the mini sub tour (got it for $60 as we booked another excursion with them in costa maya) and we had a blast! I would definitely recommend this tour, my wife has never snorkeled before and enjoyed it a lot, which made my vacation a lot easier lol! Really fun tour!

Hi,

what do you mean you got it for $60 as you booked it with another excursion? How do you do that? Where did you book it from?