Eurodam cabin 7006

LynnTTT

Eurodam. When we booked our cabin, the TA suggested we not reserve a specific cabin, so that we could possibly get an upgrade. However, she referenced cabin 1053. That appears to be one of the big ones that has a sofa, is on the main deck etc. So we let the reservation go thru.

You guessed it: today we get our assignment and it''s 7006 on the Rotterdam deck and doesn't look nearly as spacious.

Suggestions? Call TA ( really a vacation club and not very helpful) ?. call HA directly?

Or my husband's advice ( a very wise man). "We're hardly ever in the room, we got a good deal, let it go.."

It really wouldn't hurt to ask your TA to move you back to a large Main Deck J, but if there's resistance I'd vote with your DH ... enjoy what you've got. (You can't call HAL directly ... your TA "owns" your booking and they won't deal with you directly.)

I would have an issue with any travel agent who encouraged a client to book a guarantee cabin (to be assigned by the cruise line, as you have), and then refer to a cabin number so specifically as she did. The reality is that, with this type of booking, you could get any cabin on the ship, at a minimum of the category type that you booked.

Yup, those are both category J cabins, though as jtl513 points out, it doesn't hurt try to get the TA to ask HAL for a bigger J on the Main Deck. Worst case scenario, you're in a comfortable cabin on a nice ship having a great time. :)

Archived