Disposable Waterproof Camera w/flash

A quick check on yahoo I was able to find Fuji and Kodak waterproof cameras that are one time use for $3 to $17. I used yahoo and searched "disposable waterproof cameras". I would wait to buy them before you get on board the ship or you can go to a camera shop and get a film bag that will shield the film from the x-rays at check in if you find them locally.

Also I heard that if you print the pictures at a +2 magenta they will come out better. Have not tried it but it is worth a try.

Good Luck

You can try

SeaLife SL 301 35mm Point and Shoot Camera

Or

SeaLife SL 300 35mm Reloadable camera

Both seem have flashes on you can reload, but of the three reviews I saw two said it leaked and the other loved it. So not much there. The reloadalbe was about $40 and the other one had no reviews and came preloaded and was ready to go at about $18. ALso I did see a Kodiak dispoable with a flash but it had no part number.

Good Luck

Hi, Just got home from the Eastern cruise on the brilleance of the sea.28/03/05

I bought a Polaroid splash camera for £14.99 / about $20.00, It has an outer housing and a seperate camera, it is water proof down to 65meters. It uses 35mm film and has an auto flash as well. The case looks like the $300.00 type you can buy, the camera is a bit cheap looking but I got some very good results of the sting rays in Antigua. It also comes with a carry case and other bits and pieces.The other plus is that you can use it over and over again.

Go for it and get shooting

Martin.;)

• 1 month later...

I am sorry, Maybe I was wrong! I purchased them over a year ago, I thought they were flash!

I do know we had no problems with picture quality. The film is 800 ASA and that helps a lot. Of course it was also clear and sunny out too. I imagine sans flash if it was cloudy out you might have some dim under water pictures. But if you have them burned to a cd you can also edit them your self on your computer and that is a big help too.

Hi, Just got home from the Eastern cruise on the brilleance of the sea.28/03/05

I bought a Polaroid splash camera for £14.99 / about $20.00, It has an outer housing and a seperate camera, it is water proof down to 65meters. It uses 35mm film and has an auto flash as well. The case looks like the $300.00 type you can buy, the camera is a bit cheap looking but I got some very good results of the sting rays in Antigua. It also comes with a carry case and other bits and pieces.The other plus is that you can use it over and over again.

Go for it and get shooting

Martin.;)

Martin,

Is this the one you used? I was thinking of using this instead of the disposables I've been using.

Archived