Automatic doors solstice

icecat1

Do the celebrity solstice class ships have automatic doors in staterooms? I'm sure I read that they do, but I Called the access department today and was told that they do not and that only Royal Caribbean's Radiances class have them..

Celebrity Eclpise is the ship I am interested in..

We had a AQ class H/A stateroom on the Equinox and it had the automatic door. It definitely was much easier entering and leaving the room on my scooter. Since the Equinox is an S-Class ship, I would assume the Eclipse would have them also.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the above posters. There are cabins on each "S" class ship with automatic doors. All public rooms are quite easily accessible on these ships as well. The main dining room can be kind of crowded, but the staff are great about helping.

My wife's comments are though that some of the automatic doors open awkwardly in places. She thinks the architects of many places are clearly not mobility challenged. That being said, these are great ships for those with mobility issues.

Archived