Cruising in September

generalcindy

For detailed weather information going back 4-5 years go to www.weather.bm and click on "climate data".

Hurricane season is June-November but aside from Hurricane Fabian in Sept. 2003 the prevous hurricane was over 15 years ago (Emily, I think) so Bermuda does not get hurricanes very often. Due to our location potential hurricanes would have been tracked for 1-2 weeks already so your cruise line would have plenty of time to change itineraries if a hurricane was nearby - so don't worry about a hurricane surprising you on your cruise.

There is no real rainy/dry season in Bermuda so the odds of there being a (non-hurricane) storm are about the same regardless of the month.

Thankjs Swizzle.. I would haate to have to cruise up to Canada due to a storm.. I am so looking forward to coming to Bermuda for the first time.. I have not cruised since I was 14 years old, and my husband never has, so we are very excited about or trip !!!

We have always gone to Bermuda in mid-September and thankfully have always had a good trip. Of course, it's always iffy since hurricane season runs from June to November, so it doesn't much matter when you plan your trip. We are sailing again this year on the Zenith (Sept 24th) so we'll all just have to wait and see (and cross our fingers). I surely don't want to end up in Canada after planning all year for Bermuda, but the cruise lines have to keep the passengers and ship safe. Let's all just think positive thoughts and things will work out fine. ;)

Archived