Laundry special on Summit?

calenita

Going on the Summit in December - do they do a laundry special at the end of the cruise where you can stuff the bag with t-shirts, underwear etc for a fixed price like $20 or $25? I'm hoping so because we have four days in San Juan post cruise and a few before, so we will need laundry done. With paying for luggage (with USAir) I don't want to bring along as much stuff. Thanks all.

Going on the Summit in December - do they do a laundry special at the end of the cruise where you can stuff the bag with t-shirts, underwear etc for a fixed price like $20 or $25? I'm hoping so because we have four days in San Juan post cruise and a few before, so we will need laundry done. With paying for luggage (with USAir) I don't want to bring along as much stuff. Thanks all.

On Infinity, they did have a special offer of $29 to do a bag of laundry. For Elite members, there are coupons to have 30 pieces of laundry done free of charge (60 for us since both wife and I were given Elite benefits for this past cruise). The Elites also have a coupon for a bag of laundry for a $20 charge.

To avoid additional charges, you have to turn your laundry in before 9am on the 2nd day prior to the end of your cruise. On our cruise last week, we turned in a bag on Thursday morning, got it back Friday night prior to the ship docking on Saturday morning. But that was the last time we could do that without paying a 50% surcharge.

It's usually on Wednesday (midway through the cruise). They will give you a coupon for all you can stuff in a bag price. I think it was around $25 or so. A great deal. You got the laundry back the next day nice and folded, whatever you wanted to have washed.

I'm on the 12 day Silhouette in January. That's alot of clothes to bring to cover a 12 day cruise. I know that regular laundering is available but the price is prohibitive, $1-socks, $2-underwear, etc......... I do have a suite. Any chance that on longer cruises, some sort of special will go into effect?? I am not elite.

I'm on the 12 day Silhouette in January. That's alot of clothes to bring to cover a 12 day cruise. I know that regular laundering is available but the price is prohibitive, $1-socks, $2-underwear, etc......... I do have a suite. Any chance that on longer cruises, some sort of special will go into effect?? I am not elite.

I and my wife thought they were reasonable for a captive audience situation. On Infinity last week, the laundry list showed the cost for pants of $4.95, Long Sleeve shirt $4.95, Short Sleeve shirt $3.95, Dress $7.95, skirt $4.95, T-shirt $2.95, Undergarments $1.95, swimsuit $2.95 and socks $1.95 per pair. Shorts were $3.95, Jacket $5.95 and pajamas was $3.95. Of course, many people use shampoo and wash their own socks and undies - just don't rig up a clothes line on your balcony.

Also, if you have a full suite (Celebrity Suite and above) the captain may extend elite benefits to you even though you are not elite. Happened to us on this past cruise and it was a total surprise. But that is totally at the discretion of the captain and may depend on how many other elites are on board.

I and my wife thought they were reasonable for a captive audience situation. On Infinity last week, the laundry list showed the cost for pants of $4.95, Long Sleeve shirt $4.95, Short Sleeve shirt $3.95, Dress $7.95, skirt $4.95, T-shirt $2.95, Undergarments $1.95, swimsuit $2.95 and socks $1.95 per pair. Shorts were $3.95, Jacket $5.95 and pajamas was $3.95. Of course, many people use shampoo and wash their own socks and undies - just don't rig up a clothes line on your balcony.

Also, if you have a full suite (Celebrity Suite and above) the captain may extend elite benefits to you even though you are not elite. Happened to us on this past cruise and it was a total surprise. But that is totally at the discretion of the captain and may depend on how many other elites are on board.

Resonable?????!!!!!!!!???????? That's about $80 to wash and fold a load. I don't know where you come from, but to me........ that's highway robbery.

Resonable?????!!!!!!!!???????? That's about $80 to wash and fold a load. I don't know where you come from, but to me........ that's highway robbery.

Not sure how you get to $80 but what is reasonable to one person may not be to another person. I freely admit that. Now highway robbery is charging you $60 just to move your luggage onto and off a plane to get you to your vacation.

Suggest you just pack more clothes and wear them for several days at a time. You will get used to the smell.

Larry

If you have a veranda cabin especially if you have a rear facing verana...you might want to bring a long rope and a strong laundry bag with some powdered soap. Just sayin.....

And put some sushi on a fish hook at the end. Have your own fishing tournament with others on the aft.

Not sure how you get to $80 but what is reasonable to one person may not be to another person. I freely admit that. Now highway robbery is charging you $60 just to move your luggage onto and off a plane to get you to your vacation.

Suggest you just pack more clothes and wear them for several days at a time. You will get used to the smell.

Larry

I might..... But, you won't

Archived