STAR - HAWAII - 4-11--4-18

gizzie7

Thanks GardenCat,

No -- I had unexpected houseguests for the weekend, which is one of the blessings of living in Ireland. Everyone wants to come visit!

OK, you made me focus -- I am going to start writing it now....

Legend of the Seas 8/02

NCL Star to Hawaii 04/04

Hey cruisingfromMN

Do not let the innuendo that we were rude to Star Staff get you down. We were there and we know what we saw. I can honestly say that I was not rude to the Star staff as I’m sure you were not either. I really do not care if I am believed or not. Our experience on this particular cruise was most likely brought about by a number of different unfortunate conditions that we had no control of. It is just easier for some to pack it up in a small box as to not deviate from a preconceived notion.

I would think that the trip to the west coast and a stay in SF with hopefully some RnR will do this crew some good. Again… many onboard the Star were great and I really appreciated those individuals. There just seemed to be way too many staff who just did not want to be there. That attitude seemed not to be confined to any one department or any job title. Since this is one of the last cruises for the Star in Hawaii it is all a moot point anyway.

Aloha,

Terry

Princess Regal Alaska 02

Carnival Pride Western Caribbean 03

NCL Star Hawaii 04

Hi again, Kayla's Mom.

Sorry if I appeared to be 'cracking the whip'. I am anxious to read your review but should be more patient since I have trouble getting organized when I get back from vacation even without house guests!

Whenever you do post it ( if it is not on this board) I'd just appreciate directions to the correct area.

Thanks again.

No Problem cruisingfromMN.

What happened to us and now what looks like happened on the Sky as told by ninafromct should be noted by NCL to make changes to help those in the future. After reading ninafromct’s post it all brought it back so vividly. The excursion person that told her sister to get in line seemed to be of the same mold as my excursion person.

The cruise that I have read so many great reviews on this board about was not the cruise that happened this month. Same great ship (be it crippled or not) same great public places, same great food (not all to my personnel liking), same great entertainment and (kind of the same) great ports… but not the same cruise.

I still do not have a favorite Cruise line but Princess is still ahead in the running. Maybe it was luck that my 2002 cruise on the Princess Regal had such a great crew that seemed to be at the top of their game. (So nice to us that we felt unworthy even after paying). Maybe a cruise or two ago it would have been different on the Star, which is the way it seems from what others have said. I would not discount NCL Star because of this as it might just be an aberration and that it was just the right combination of things that happened to us that gave us this unwelcome feeling while onboard the Star. I hope that is the case but I will keep a watchful eye on the results of future reviews of this vessel’s service and until I see some future positive reviews I will keep my money.

What I hope for the future Star cruisers on this board is that it will be smooth, happy sailing and that you are all treated like you are appreciated for choosing NCL because you should be.

Terry

Princess Regal Alaska 02

Carnival Pride Western Caribbean 03

NCL Star Hawaii 04

??? 05

I also hope that NCL will get it's act together in the future, for the sake of those that have upcoming cruises booked on those ships but... it seems to me that a company that is willing to tell its passengers. "yes we lied to you but we don't intend to do anything to fix it." is not a company that has the right philosophy to make those corrections.

To feel that it is up to the passengers to bear the brunt of your mistakes/problems without any apology or compensation seems to me the mark of a company on the way down.

Archived