What to do after debarkation..

CrzrVOL

OK fellow cruisers, I need some help. We'll get off the Valor 5/1, maybe sometime around 10:00 AM (I won't be in any hurry!)....flight doesn't leave Miami till 8:30 that night. What can we do that will fill that time? I have thought about just getting a hotel room close to the airport to nap - I am sure we'll need it! - but most places have a check in time of 3:00 unless we just leave ourselves in the hands of the taxi driver and go someplace and try to get a room without a reservation. We will have to be at the airport at 6:30 for check in. So...what would you do? We don't especially want to do another excursion. Just someplace to chill for a while before we head back. Any suggestions?

Here is a link to a bunch of us who have been chattin about the cruise, I see you get off the Valor 5/1, which means you will be leaving with us the 24th, just click on the link below and it will take you to the thread, if you want to catch up read all 30 pages, it will give you a little bit of information about all of us, also, there is a website one of the gals started that has pics and inof about your fellow cruisers, so stop buy and join the fun.

Tom

Just click here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=73746&page=30&pp=25

We've hired a local company to take us on a boat tour of the islands located near the Port of Miami. They take you by boat and show you all the beautiful expensive homes on Star Island, etc. It's an easy 3 minute drive to the pier where they pick you up and a great way to stay on the water just a little bit longer.

Last time we were in that situation, we rented a car for the day. We drove to South Beach, had lunch at Wolfie's Deli (my mom was with us and she had been there 50 years ago). Then we went to the really nice mall down there which I can't think of the name of - starts with an A I think. Had a really nice day and only cost about $30 for the car.

We rented a car in Miami when we were in that situation, too. That gave us a place to keep our luggage as well as the independence to go where we wanted. We spent some time in South Beach and made the requisite stop at the Hard Rock to purchase pins for DH's collection. It was a nice relaxing way to spend a few more hours on vacation before flying home.

Thanks to all of you for the information. They all sound like great ideas. We are traveling with another couple, so I need to run all this by them too. I knew if anybody could help me, you guys could! I just really do not want to go and sit in an airport for 6 hours. That gets old fast!

And Tom....I am heading over to the Roll Call right now.....

Thanks again everyone

Archived