Playa mia grand beach park vs. chankanaab National Park

baobaocruise

We are the first time cruiser. I'm planning shore excursions for our family (2 seniors, 2 kids (6 &7) & 2 adults). We are leaving in a couple of weeks and trying to decide what to do at Cozumel. Has anyone been to Playa Mia and how does it compare with Chankanaab? Which one will be more suitable for our family? Any comments is greatly appreciated.

Did more research on Playa Mia. The reviews are not as promising as Mr. Sanchos. How's the sand in either beaches? Will Chankanaab be more fun for the kids? Don't plan to do dolphin encounter this time. I'd just like to have a good place to relax and let kids have some fun on the beach.

Did more research on Playa Mia. The reviews are not as promising as Mr. Sanchos. How's the sand in either beaches? Will Chankanaab be more fun for the kids? Don't plan to do dolphin encounter this time. I'd just like to have a good place to relax and let kids have some fun on the beach.

Chank is great for snorkeling and has the sealife/dolphins exhibits. Your family might enjoy Discover Mexico across the road and you can get discount tickets to Chank with purchase of tickets to D.M. $10 cab ride from port. But Mr Sanchos or Paradise Beach have the water toys your children will love (plus a fresh water swimming pool) and as good of sandy beach as anywhere on the West side. Depending on the number of ships in port that day, both can get crowded, but so can Chank. Chank, D.M., Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach all have websites you can explore their options and select which one you want. No need for advanced reservations. Playa Mia has been used for ship excursions in the past, it can get crowded if several excursions stop there.

Thanks Crewsweeper.

Do we need to bring our own towel there? I see they have cabana and beach chair rentals. What about towels? Can we bring the towels from the ship?

What about beach toys? What kind of beach toys do they have?

Always a good idea to bring towels from the ship. Beach toys are things like water slides, banna boat rides, trampolines, inflated mountains for climbing, etc. The web sites will detail each beach's amenities.

Archived