Park n Cruise Rate with extra people

elzapato

Has anyone stayed at one of the Park and Cruise Hotels with more than 2 people in your party? Most of them seem to include 2 people in the rate but we'll need extra rooms for the extra 6 people in our party and the regular hotel rate at the some of the hotels we've been looking at don't include transportation to the port. Anyone else traveling with a big group?

I forgot to say that we're leaving out of Baltimore. We've been looking at the Days Inn in Glen Burnie. They have a free shuttle to the airport but I'm getting conflicting information about whether they will shuttle all of our group to the cruiseport without paying extra. We're driving in with 4 people in our party but the rest of our group is flying in.

not trying to be wise here, but did you call the hotel and ask them??? i mean a human being IN THAT hotel as opposed to reservations-land??

conventional wisdom would say that they will provide transportation for at least 2 people in each room booked. how many rooms are you booking??

you might want to just find a decent rate and a good hotel and then do some research into a mini bus or something to haul your party to and from the pier....you could look at airport area hotels and check for park n fly rates for starters..

as for transportation, you could start googleing stuff...i don't know about Baltimore...but probably some locals will have info

not trying to be wise here, but did you call the hotel and ask them???

:rolleyes:Yeah, I did call and that's where the confusion began. First I was told they just needed to know in advance if the shuttle was needed but then I was told everyone in the party would have to book with the park n cruise rate in order to get transportation to the pier. I was told different things on different days so I was just wondering if anyone out there had traveled with a larger-than-two party and gotten transportation to the cruiseport. I guess maybe I'll call back a third time and let it be a tie breaker...:o

I was just looking at the hotel you are talking about, and for your dates, it looks like it's $40 more to pay for the park and cruise rate rather than the pay in advance rate. If the park and cruise rate includes shuttle to the port AND back to the hotel after, then it might be worth it for the other members of the party to pay that rate even though they don't have a car to park rather than pay for taxi/shuttle to and from the port. I would double check the shuttle, because usually in the rate description it will say parking for x number of days and port shuttle, where this just says up to 14 days parking included.

not trying to be wise here, but did you call the hotel and ask them???

:rolleyes:Yeah, I did call and that's where the confusion began. First I was told they just needed to know in advance if the shuttle was needed but then I was told everyone in the party would have to book with the park n cruise rate in order to get transportation to the pier. I was told different things on different days so I was just wondering if anyone out there had traveled with a larger-than-two party and gotten transportation to the cruiseport. I guess maybe I'll call back a third time and let it be a tie breaker...:o

Ahhhhh...got ya!!;) I tend to take the everyone has to book part as what they would actually do......

However, you've also discovered our mantra: if at first you get the wrong answer, call back until you get the correct one!:p good luck! (maybe try another hotel too-you might get a GOOD answer.....you never know!)

the Fairfield Inn & Suites White Marsh (eh, 10 or some miles north of the Inner Harbor/Downtown/Pier generally has a park n cruise rate...and it's near a huge mall, PLUS lots of places to eat as well.....)

Archived