Alchemy Bar on Liberty

pyroguy

Hello everyone!

When I get my SD Card back next week (see post on safes and lost items for the story), I will be working on a "Funship 2.0" review on our Eastern cruise on the Liberty last week.

For any of you ready to go on the Liberty, in the meantime...the Alchemy bar was our favorite. We each got 1-2 drinks per day there. The bartenders (Audri) were great and very friendly.

The original descriptions said something about "prescription pads" that you would fill out, but we didn't see anything like that.

They give you a "menu" which looks like a leather-bound book, about 16" tall x 14" wide when opened. There's only a right and left side when opened, but the pages are LED backlit. It's a really cool effect.

I would guess there are around 20 drinks available because we were told we would have to have about 3 drinks per day to get through all of them on our 7 day cruise.

There's some wild concoctions (like chipoltle pineapple??), but my favorite was the cucumber sunrise. My wife LOVED the "Deal Closer" which is a chocolate/baileys drink.

All drinks are $8.75, but it's the best value in terms of alcohol for the buck on the ship. Plus they taste pretty good.

The bar is located at the aft end of the Promenade just forward of the piano bar.

Again, will post pictures hopefully next week in review.

We were thinking about occupying the Blue Iguana bar on our April cruise, but this might just be as good! :) Thanks. Do you recall if they have pastis? DW's favorite drink is pastis and sprite (or fresca); her "French" drink, from watch Anthony Bourdain in Provence, ;).

Hope your SD card returns safe and sound and looking forward to your review.

We were thinking about occupying the Blue Iguana bar on our April cruise, but this might just be as good! :) Thanks. Do you recall if they have pastis? DW's favorite drink is pastis and sprite (or fresca); her "French" drink, from watch Anthony Bourdain in Provence, ;).

Hope your SD card returns safe and sound and looking forward to your review.

I don't think they had that on the menu as everything they had on it was a unique "Carnival" concoction.

However, a couple times I had them add or customize a drink for me and they were more than happy to. I also saw them making drinks for people that were not on the menu. You should be good-to-go.

We had late dining, so we always grabbed a drink or two and sushi and sat and talked to the bartenders. (Note if you have sushi, they ask that you sit not directly at the bar, but the second row of seats as to not impart a fish smell into the infused liquors).

Thanks.

Archived