Oosterdam Aft Cabins Deck 8

Barrick

We are booked for a 16 day trip to Hawaii in April, and I have room 8136 VA aft cabin on the Oosterdam. Wondering if anyone can give me any feedback good or bad about this cabin and its location. Primarily looking to see if anyone has had an aft cabin on deck 8, and if its noisey from the pool deck above, and if you can feel alot of sea motion being at the back of the ship.

Thanks !!

I actually would have another question regarding this aft cabin on deck 8, is the veranda significantly bigger when compared to cabins on the port or starboard sides of the ship? If so how bigger, twice the size, 3 X the size ??

I spent 15 days recently going to Hawaii in the corner aft 8147. I have been in the aft plenty of times but the first time on deck 8. We actually really liked the location and thought it was not noisy at all. Yes once in a great while you could hear deck chairs being moved up above us but as far as other passengers No, the passengeers on a voyage going to Hawaii are not exactly the stay up really late party crowds:D

I would say the balcony size for the VA is going to be about double in size of the average side balcony but I do not have the numbers in front of me to give you exacts.

The elevators and stiars were close and actually closer than when we have stayed on deck 5 and we found it quit and easy to head up to the Lido.

I will say internet wi-fi connection was really bad back there so I would go to the Lido many times to use my lap top.

Archived